ReadyAPI Overview

ReadyAPI is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Performance Testing Tools. It is most often compared to SoapUI Pro: ReadyAPI vs SoapUI Pro

What is ReadyAPI?

ReadyAPI combines the power of SoapUI Pro, LoadUI Pro, ServiceV, and API Monitoring in AlertSite into a single pane of glass. From functional testing, to performance testing to post-deployment monitoring, SmartBear’s API tools help you to deliver accurate, fast, and secure APIs.

ReadyAPI is also known as Ready API.

ReadyAPI Buyer's Guide

Download the ReadyAPI Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

ReadyAPI Customers

Healthcare Data Solutions (HDS)

ReadyAPI Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ReadyAPI pricing:
  • "The cost of a license is probably around $1,000 to $2,000. Accounting is done by my leadership. I am more into implementations and making sure all things and processes are taken care of and the frameworks are maintained and managed."
  • "This is a cheap solution when you consider the money that will be saved in testing."
  • "There are costs in addition to the licensing fee. For example, if you want to add the load testing you would pay more."

ReadyAPI Reviews

Vallalarasu Pandiyan
Test Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 17, 2020
A great single platform for functional testing, load testing security, and service actualization

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with SmartBear and I'm a test architect.

• "A single platform for functional testing, load testing security, and service actualization."
  • "Lacking flexibility of adding more custom verification for security testing."

What other advice do I have?

If you're testing mainly on API and then you want to have a full-fledged API testing on load performance, function, security, etc., this product will actually be a one-stop platform for that. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
reviewer1393596
IT Manager at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 19, 2020
Fast automation, less coding, and pretty lightweight

What is our primary use case?

ReadyAPI is predominantly used for functional testing of the APIs. Our company has a lot of micro strategy concepts, and we are building a lot of APIs. The focus is on more validations around the APIs for faster or quicker testing rather than the frontend.

• "When you are working in sprints, you need to have continuous feedback. ReadyAPI definitely helps in automating very fast and rapidly. We have less coding, and we can more easily define our assertions. We don't use it for full-blown performance testing, but normally if you are doing your functional testing, it gives you the request and response time. Anybody who is doing functional testing can see what the request and response times are and raise a flag based upon their business affiliates, that is, whether it is meeting their affiliates. You can identify this during functional testing."
  • "It doesn't have connectors to the NoSQL database. This is one of the things where they do not have a very solid strategy today. Other solutions have an in-built mechanism where I can directly and easily connect. An API is more around a user submitting a request on the frontend. It then hits the backend, puts the data, and responds back. If I am hitting MongoDB or NoSQL databases, I do not have ready-made inbuilt solutions in ReadyAPI that can easily help me in automating it faster. In our organization, we deal with NoSQL databases, and therefore, we need Groovy. We just cannot have a connector from ReadyAPI to do that. I have to write Groovy scripts. If you have themes that are predominantly using MongoDB, it leads to more maintenance and support activity because we are introducing more code into our commission. In terms of additional features, it can have cloud support. This is one of the things where we are getting into cloud support. We'll see how it works, but it is one of the doubts that we still have."

What other advice do I have?

I would say go for it. It is a really great tool. It is a game-changer because you can automate faster and quicker. It also doesn't take much time for any person to pick up the tool. It is pretty lightweight. Any person who has a little bit of technical background or 1% JavaScript knowledge can quickly use it and write code in Groovy. I would rate ReadyAPI an eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about ReadyAPI. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Balamurugan Arjunan
Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 31, 2020
Good support, we like the user interface, and it integrates with several test management tools

What is our primary use case?

We have a lot of external vendors that we integrate with, so we need to validate all of the APIs. Also, we need to mark those services that don't need external vendor integration.

• "The most valuable features are the integration with Jira and the test management tools."
  • "The reporting is not very robust and needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

Our plan includes a need to filter out all the API, middle-tier bugs. This is the initial phase of development. We don't want to find any bugs in either UAT or UAP. That's an objective for us, but right now, we are setting up the team and people are working on it. My advice for anybody who is implementing ReadyAPI is, to begin with establishing a framework of what they want to achieve. Comfort with the framework is more important, before acquiring the license. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1054392
Testing Tool Expert at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 27, 2019
Good code coverage and quality assurance, user-friendly, and helpful dashboards

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is to perform code testing. We can set up the environment, the representations, and the code coverage. We have this solution deployed on a Windows station, on-premises.

• "The dashboards are very good and consolidate all of the tests that you are performing with the client."
  • "If ReadyAPI had more integration with all of the big tools on the market then this would be very useful."

What other advice do I have?

Third-parties have been developing integration with this solution. For example, JIRA has been integrated. My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to consider that they will save a lot of money, and there will be a reduction in errors from the use of external data or wrong parameters. The quality of their code will be better, so do not hesitate to buy this kind of solution. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1191753
Manager, Clinical Applications QA Testing at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 3, 2020
Easy to learn how to use it but the version control doesn't work well, it's not stable, and the support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for API testing on HL7 messages for healthcare.

• "It's easy to learn how to use it."
  • "Version control does not work well."

What other advice do I have?

It's not stable. The Git API within ReadyAPI is a a GUI front end to make it easier to do version control but it doesn't work well as mentioned. It's not reliable. I would not recommend this product, as there are better products out there. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
MonoranjanGorai
Senior Manager - Technology at Publicis Sapient
Feb 8, 2020
A user-friendly tool for performance testing and creating mocks

What is our primary use case?

We were using ReadyAPI for performance testing and creating mocks but there were some issues in terms of scaling, so we are no longer using this solution.

• "The most valuable feature of ReadyAPI is that it is user-friendly."
  • "Performance and memory management both need to be improved because other solutions use less memory for the same amount of data."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to people who need official support. For companies who have experts in open-source technology, they can avoid using ReadyAPI. I think that it would come down to the specific client, or project. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1285470
Program Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Mar 31, 2020
Has the ability to combine it with different CI/CD tools

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to test services to have an understanding of what the request to the service should be and the response. We also use it for performance tests.

• "It has the ability to combine it with different CI/CD tools."
  • "The performance in some cases needs improvement. Sometimes it requires too many resources."

What other advice do I have?

The main advantage is that it could be integrated into different CI/CD tools. That is something that is really valuable and helpful. I would rate it an eight out of ten. In the next release, they should make the ability to extend different functions a bit easier. We extend some functionalities and it's possible to extend the functionalities because you have the ability to add many interesting pieces by yourself to that API but it's not so easy. It would really help if they improved that.
TestManager4366
Test Manager at a logistics company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Aug 26, 2019
Simple to use and the integration with Jenkins is helpful

What is our primary use case?

I am a test manager, and we have testers who are experts with these tools. We primarily use this solution for API testing and integration. We have an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The training for this solution is very good. The integration with Jenkins is good. The interface is ok and they have the ability to re-load tests so that you can reuse them. Overall, the process is simple.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a better dashboard for monitoring in the next release of this solution. The reporting needs to be improved.

We have been using this solution for about eighteen months.

Some versions of the software have had…