RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Review

Good security with OTP support, but integration with Oracle is missing

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. I have helped to deploy this solution to two customers so far.

The primary use case is the addition of another layer of authentication for users to access the network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the security, in particular, the One Time Password support.

What needs improvement?

Better integration with other solutions such as Oracle Database is needed. Currently, some SQL databases cannot be integrated with RSA.

Technical support in Pakistan can be improved.

I have been working with RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle for between four and five months.

The stability is generally good. We have experienced bugs but RSA has provided patches for them.

We have had no problems with scalability.

The technical support is generally good, although in Pakistan it could use some improvement. Overall, I would say that product support is average.

I have worked with other solutions and I find that RSA is more mature than similar products by Fortinet and Cisco.

The initial setup is straightforward and it is definitely easy to deploy. That said, there are some complexities in the setup that are inherent to any security product.

The length of time for deployment depends on how many devices you are trying to integrate with. One of my deployments involved 2,500 users with 500 devices, and it took between 20 and 25 days to complete.

What other advice do I have?

All of the features in this product are good and this is a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.