Sage People Review

Reports are easy to run, view, and amend.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to see the all the information we have for a person across two screens. Reports are easy to run, view, and amend. You can also add new reports.

How has it helped my organization?

It has saved time as our last system was quite slow. We needed to click in different fields to find one piece of information that is quite easy to find on Fairsail.

What needs improvement?

Within the absence screens, we have it set up to automatically allow up to five days holiday to carry over. If staff members are allowed to carry over, it’s a bit difficult to add it in easily. It changes their view to give an extra column with holidays which can confuse staff.

We have the last modified button on the employment record detail, but this doesn’t show when that particular record was last modified. It just shows the last date and the person who made any change in the system. If this could be changed, that would be better.

We have used this solution live for one year and two months. We had access to it for three months before the go-live date.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I never really spoke to technical support, as our company had a specific person who could speak to them. I believe it was quite good.

They used NorthgateArinso previously. The decision to switch had already been made by the time I started with the company.

The installation was mostly straightforward. We had access to the system for three or four months before went live, whilst we had a cut of data from our previous system carried over. We then updated any future stuff ourselves to get used to the system, figure out any bugs, etc.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise how good the reports can be and how easy it is to set up jobs within the job library, etc.