SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform Review

Flexible, useful for complex reporting, and comes with many components

What is our primary use case?

We use it for reporting.

What is most valuable?

It provides flexibility for creating reports. It is very good for creating highly-complex reports. I like this solution because when I buy BusinessObjects, it comes with many components, such as reporting, dashboard, and data visualization tools.

Its performance is good. It is running on top of SAP BW and SAP HANA.

What needs improvement?

Its data visualization tool is not as good as Power BI and Tableau. Currently, for data visualization, you need to spend more money to buy another solution such as Power BI or Tableau.

It is also very hard to integrate it with other third-party solutions. Its integration with other solutions should be improved.

I have been using this solution for around seven years.

We have around 200 users of this solution.

They are helpful and quite professional. Sometimes, they don't respond faster, and sometimes, they say that it needs to be upgraded to the next version, which is something that I don't like.

Its installation was straightforward.

I did the installation.

Its price is fair.

What other advice do I have?

For data visualization, I would recommend Power BI and Tableau. For the report format, I would recommend SAP BusinessObjects.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Microsoft BI
Learn what your peers think about SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.