What is most valuable?
Ability for the user to easily schedule the reports and managing them is a big plus. Most of BOBJ tools are also data source agnostic which makes them versatile across all environments.
WebIntelligence, Analysis for Office, and SAP Lumira were designed for businesses. So the adoption rate by the is very high. Quick intuitive analysis of data, and in just a few clicks WebI and Lumira can Merge Dimensions from different sources.
How has it helped my organization?
- Lot of Automation of routine reports. Analysts can now focus on analysis rather than pulling in reports from multiple places.
- Scheduling of the reports makes sure we are not duplicating work across all regions for the same report.
- Brings in standardization.
- Self-Service BI or DIY-BI
- Reports are easily available on Mobile devices
What needs improvement?
- Reusability of the reports and tables from between the different tools
- Improvements needed in charting
- Direct and easy integrations to easily bring in data from other applications across all the tools like Salesforce, reading RSS streams etc. and not just other databases
- Big data source support across all tools.
- Bringing Predictive Analysis to the main stream
For how long have I used the solution?
I've been using it for 12+ years, and all the other products since their inception.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
There have been no issues with the scalability.
How are customer service and technical support?
First level support is generally is good for basic issues. Second level support is informative when it comes to bigger issues.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
The BOBJ solution was so ingrained within the organization, and powerful that there was no necessity to change.
How was the initial setup?
What about the implementation team?
Did both cases. Even if you have an external vendor, make sure you who have an experienced lead in-house who knows how the organization works to guide the implementation team.
What was our ROI?
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
SAP has flexible licensing when negotiated correctly.
What other advice do I have?
When deploying SAP BW and BOBJ together, get an experienced practitioner who can educate and implement keeping the business users in mind, not just the deadline and processes of IT.
There are a lot of limitation in SAP BW especially for scheduling, which can limit the full utilization of BOBJ, but there is a solution for it all if you think out of the box.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?