Ability for the user to easily schedule the reports and managing them is a big plus. Most of BOBJ tools are also data source agnostic which makes them versatile across all environments.
WebIntelligence, Analysis for Office, and SAP Lumira were designed for businesses. So the adoption rate by the is very high. Quick intuitive analysis of data, and in just a few clicks WebI and Lumira can Merge Dimensions from different sources.
Improvements to My Organization
- Lot of Automation of routine reports. Analysts can now focus on analysis rather than pulling in reports from multiple places.
- Scheduling of the reports makes sure we are not duplicating work across all regions for the same report.
- Brings in standardization.
- Self-Service BI or DIY-BI
- Reports are easily available on Mobile devices
Room for Improvement
- Reusability of the reports and tables from between the different tools
- Improvements needed in charting
- Direct and easy integrations to easily bring in data from other applications across all the tools like Salesforce, reading RSS streams etc. and not just other databases
- Big data source support across all tools.
- Bringing Predictive Analysis to the main stream
Use of Solution
I've been using it for 12+ years, and all the other products since their inception.
There have been no issues with the scalability.
Customer Service and Technical Support
First level support is generally is good for basic issues. Second level support is informative when it comes to bigger issues.
The BOBJ solution was so ingrained within the organization, and powerful that there was no necessity to change.
Did both cases. Even if you have an external vendor, make sure you who have an experienced lead in-house who knows how the organization works to guide the implementation team.
Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing
SAP has flexible licensing when negotiated correctly.
When deploying SAP BW and BOBJ together, get an experienced practitioner who can educate and implement keeping the business users in mind, not just the deadline and processes of IT.
There are a lot of limitation in SAP BW especially for scheduling, which can limit the full utilization of BOBJ, but there is a solution for it all if you think out of the box.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Mar 31 2016