SAP Crystal Reports Review

The ability to create reports via the GUI is a valuable feature

What is most valuable?

The ability to create reports via the GUI with click and drag at the table level as well as from SQL via Command objects.

I have used CR with a number of different db types (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) for a number of different data types (health care, accounting, manufacturing, etc.).

I have been using the app since version 5 in 1996. I was a certified instructor and implementation specialist on CR and BOE (and its predecessors Seagate Info) via the developers from 1997 through 2002.

What little I have seen of other products I would select CR and BOE but I am not the decision maker of the organization..

What other advice do I have?

There are many suggestions but the first would be to develop a template of how you would like your reports to look. Consistent layout helps users focus on the data rather than figuring out how to view a report, e.g., this report shows drill down links blue and underlined like the Web, but the other shows them in boxes with a note at the top that you can click on boxed items for more info.