SAP Crystal Reports Review

Creating SQL code to copy is one of my favorite uses.

Valuable Features

It allows me to pull data from multiple data sources without coding SQL. Creating SQL code to copy is one of my favorite uses.

Improvements to My Organization

We have better efficiency overall and we've saved on doing data imports -- $36K so far. I can do them myself using Crystal Reports.

Also, it's essential to our ERP function.

Room for Improvement

I have an old version and there's no hyperlink function. Otherwise, everything I could wish for is probably already out there!

However, I had an issue where if I had the main application in one Window and a fly out menu on another monitor, it would crash. It was probably a hardware issue on my side.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for nine years. We purchased it in 2007 and I was one of the first employees to be trained on it. I use it practically every day.

I had no issues deploying it.

I had the instability issues, described above, which led to the system crashing.

We've had no issues scaling it out.

I've never needed to use it as I am able to find the answers on Google.

I believe it was bundled with our Tyle/Eden solution.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with out in-house team. Our configuration is pretty simple. We don't use any of the enterprise features.

ROI

It is essential for our ERP reporting to function, so the value is very high.

Other Advice

I can't live without it. I wish it could do a few more things, such as better hyperlink functionality. I have an older version, so I have no idea if a newer version has the features I would wish for.

It is quite a bit to take in at once. Just start with something that is meaningful to you.

1 Comment
Carl HaasReal User

The hyperlink feature is included in recent versions. I know 2011 and 2013 both include it. The recent versions are also much more stable than the prior versions.

04 May 16