SAS Data Management Review

Good monitoring but needs better stability and more documentation

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution to compare the Computer Associate of Outcome with the data management program.

What is most valuable?

The monitoring capabilities are very good.

The product offers very good flexibility.

What needs improvement?

The stability could be a bit better. It's lacking in this area right now.

The solution could use better documentation.

It would be nice if the solution offered better training and certification for the product itself to ensure people know the ins and outs of every aspect.

I've only been using the solution for a few weeks. It hasn't been that long yet.

The stability of the product is okay. However, occasionally we do face some instability issues. It's not 100% perfect in that regard.

I haven't directly dealt with technical support, however, it's my understanding that the solution should offer faster, more responsive support.

I'm not sure which company we used before we used this solution. It's my understanding, however, that they did not properly meet the client's demands and therefore we needed to find a new solution, which was this current product.

The installation was pretty straightforward. It wasn't that difficult. I wouldn't describe the process as complex.

My colleague and I can both handle deployment by ourselves. You might need as many as four people to handle deployment. We also handle maintenance and take care of some of our customers.

Typically our team handled the installation in-house. We don't need the assistance of outside consultants or integrators. We can perform the task ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using currently.

We have about 100 users on the solution currently.

We do plan to continue to use the product.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. In general, I would rate the solution at a six out of ten. There are still some elements that need to be improved in future releases.

More SAS Data Management reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about SAS Data Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.