Slack Review

Real-time collaboration and simultaneous document editing increases team productivity

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use Slack as a collaborative chat, video and audio tool. I am able to set up a Slack room for different purposes and have all major stakeholders collaborate in real time. I enjoy the functionality on Slack that enables my team members to edit and collaborate on documents simultaneously.

How has it helped my organization?

Slack has helped to increase the productivity of my teams and organization. We have been able to cut down on subscription costs, reduce client delivery time, troubleshoot more effectively, and achieve positive results more easily. Its intuitive design makes it easy to use and understand, hence we do not have a need to spend much on educating our teams.

What is most valuable?

Chat, video, and call functionality has been awesome. The ease of setting up and integrating with other apps is seamless. Data consumption by the app is also at its barest minimum, helping to cut costs on the amount of data required to explore calls, video, or chat functionalities within the app.

What needs improvement?

I think the app is good enough, as I don't have any reason to comment negatively on it. The only area of concern that I have is with the inability to preview received documents without having to download them first. This could offer some sense of security and prevent downloading corrupted files or viruses.A "preview attachment/document" would suffice as an improvement, this will allow users decide if the need to download an attachment or not

More than two years.

With respect to the stability, the app functions well, without glitches.

This is a very scalable solution.

Technical support for this solution has been very helpful.

I did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is very easy and straightforward.

The vendor handled our implementation and did a professional job.

Our ROI is approximately 40%.

I have evaluated both Microsoft Teams and Skype.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great app that has awesome functionality. A try will definitely be worth it.