Slack Review

An easy to use, cost-effective collaboration tool with all the functionality that we need

What is our primary use case?

We are using Slack to collaborate between employees, as many of them are working from home. While I personally started using it a couple of years ago, it has been about a month since all of our employees began using it.

How has it helped my organization?

Slack allows our employees to share information on a daily basis without overloading email.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to use.

Slack makes it easy for employees to contact each other and exchange documents or information. It is not like a big CRM but for internal usage, it's good enough.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a special feature for multiple people to collaborate on a document, working on it at the same time.

For most add-ons, clients need to know the command to run the add-ons. I think it would be useful for them to design the appropriate icons so that non-IT clients can launch them in a simple and easy way. For example, starting a video conference with an already defined room.

It would be useful for an organization to be able to define a specific storage space for the storage of all documents exchanged by teams

I have been using Slack for two years.

This is a stable solution.

We are only using the free version so I do not really know about the scalability.

We have 300 users and daily, there are 60% to 70% of them using it.

I have not needed to contact technical support.

Slack is very easy to set up and there are only a few steps involved.

We deployed this solution ourselves. It was easy to send employees invitations to join.

We use the free version that does not have a license.

We may use Microsoft teams in place of Slack in the future, although this is not a decision that I will be part of. At this time, there is not much interest in moving to Zoom or Teams.

We did not want to spend too much time investigating options before starting our remote work and because I was familiar with Slack, this is what I chose.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is researching Slack is that it is easy to set up and quite helpful for daily common things. We use only the free license but it is enough for us. If we continue to use Slack after the current crisis ends then we may buy more features and add-ons. For now, however, we have what we need.

Overall, we are satisfied with Slack.

More Slack reviews from users
...who work at a Marketing Services Firm
...who compared it with Microsoft Teams
Find out what your peers are saying about Slack, Symphony, Facebook and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.