TFS Review

It has allowed us to document our requirements, but was difficult to transition into initially.

Valuable Features:

• Product backlog
  • Work items (Features, User Stories, Bugs, Tasks)

Improvements to My Organization:

We transitioned into an agile software development shop around 2010. Using TFS allowed us to document our requirements as Features and User Stories on a Product Backlog, which allows all team members to access them at the same time. They can see updates and changes to them in real-time. It also supports our iteration-based development approach effectively, by allowing us to group features, and user stories into iterations, as well as forecast upcoming user stories into future iterations.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for five years.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

Previous Solutions:

Previously we primarily used a waterfall software development methodology, so our move to TFS coincided with a reorganization we went through into an agile shop.

Initial Setup:

From a project/requirements perspective, transitioning into TFS was fairly straightforward. Instead of creating requirements documents for upcoming projects, functionality was documented as Features and User Stories in TFS. There was a learning curve for the organization as a whole who didn’t have much agile experience to be able to document and read requirements as user stories.