What is most valuable?
- SCM functionalities
- ALM Features
- Build capabilities
- Deploy options
- Web portal
- Release management
- Support for multiple languages
- Plugins for open source tools, like Sonar and Jenkins
- Very good user-friendly UI
- Test management - capturing/creating defects
- TFS community, APIs, and support
How has it helped my organization?
- We have set up a centralized TFS server.
- All the delivery projects are clients for this TFS.
- They are using it for code repository, ALMs, and for DevOps implementation.
What needs improvement?
- Customization of build templates - better tools
- More friendly on test lab setup (TFS 2013, I did not verify on TFS 2017).
- More user-friendly on SharePoint integration (TFS 2013, I did not verify on TFS 2017).
For how long have I used the solution?
We having been using this product for more than three years.
All for my entire development project, the major SCM tool has only been TFS.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
Nope. Installation was very easy. We set up a 'multi-node' installation:
- Application tier
- Build server
- Database server
- Reports server
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
No, stability is fine.
We encountered some issues with the report server part when the service user password changes, otherwise until today have not faced issues on the production environment.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
Very good. Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We used VSS and most of our projects are in Microsoft stack. I opted to choose TFS for incorporating DevOps with easy integration VS IDE as there are many advantages.
How was the initial setup?
Setup is straightforward. As I mentioned earlier, we did a multi-node installation.
What about the implementation team?
What was our ROI?
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
No idea on this one as it was done by different team.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?