TFS Review

allows us to enhance and continuously improve our ability to deliver quality software to our clients

What is most valuable?

• TFS is full software application lifecycle management tool, where you can use it to create DevOps enabled teams.
  • It has the capability to track requirements to release, and the ability to enable automation into software delivery and the testing process, which is the main reason TFS is so powerful.
  • It is a flexible tool which can be adopted to our own way of work, that allows us to enhance and continuously improve our ability to deliver great and quality software to our clients.
  • Being a Microsoft product, it supports lot of other platforms with version control and builds systems, which is another value addition.

How has it helped my organization?

Test automation capabilities enhanced the testing processes in the software delivery, which allowed us to create more quality software in a shorter time. The capability to deliver rapidly with ever changing technology demands could be easily supported with the work process enhancements we have done based on TFS's capabilities.

What needs improvement?

Third party integrations could be improved to make it more flexible and easy to use with other platforms.

I have used TFS for eight years since TFS version 2008.

Superb. Microsoft support and the community support are always great.

No, we didn't use a different solution. TFS has been the solution from the beginning.

It was a well-documented, smooth installation process. Nothing complex.

If you do not want to have the burden of maintenance, go for Visual Studio Team Services (TFS in cloud) which is cheaper, flexible, and is always getting the latest features first.

JIRA.

What other advice do I have?

Just go for it. Whether you develop on Microsoft platforms or otherwise, you will find it useful and enhancing to the way you work.