WordPress Review

What is most valuable?

Even though there are 1000s of plugins that are available to extend your WordPress website's features, WordPress is naturally packed with many valuable features for both publishers and developers. One of its acclaimed features is its simplicity. This is the feature which allows anyone to quickly get online and start publishing. There should be nothing that could hinder you from getting your website up and live, because WordPress is simply, very easy to use and tame.

How has it helped my organization?

Today, most websites are powered by this CMS. The latest statistics say that 28% of the web is made by WordPress. In fact, that is not a steady or a declining figure — it's a growing one. Everyday, more websites are born because of WordPress.

I cannot deny that WordPress is a very valuable tool for me, and surely, for any organization, too, because with this CMS, anyone can build websites from simple ones to even enterprise-level types. One can even build an application using WordPress.

What needs improvement?

I think WordPress needs to improve itself in the area of security. I have seen a lot of WordPress websites being the target of hackers and spammers. One of the reason is that it is the most widely used CMS today.

WordPress also needs to improve its speed. Although it is not really a slow CMS, as soon as you add more plugins, you'll notice a difference it its speed and performance.

I've been using WordPress for over 15 years now.

Yes. There's no such thing as perfect development and deployment. However, they are just minor ones, and usually, it's not related to WordPress itself but on how the host is being configured. In other words, it's usually related to the host server environment.

Yes. Usually it happens when you have a lot of outdated plugins. All you need to do is to keep them up-to-date.

No. WordPress, like the other popular CMSs, is also very extendable. However, I don't think it is ideal for large businesses.

Great. You can always ask for help from its community anytime.

I would rate the technical support at an eight and a half out of 10.

I actually use various CMSs when building sites. It depends on the specs of the project.

Luckily, as I have said, WordPress strength is its simplicity. It's not only limited to the actual usage, but even during the initial setup. WordPress is very easy to install.

I prefer not to talk about it. I only build websites for my clients.

If they want to be up and running quickly, and if they don't have a very large content base, then use this CMS.

Other CMS that are worthy to note are Drupal and Joomla.

What other advice do I have?

WordPress combines simplicity for users and publishers with under-the-hood complexity for developers.