Zapier Review

We can make segments with users that show specific behaviour on the platform.

What is our primary use case?

We use Zapier to make connections between our tech tool stack. Google sheets, Hubspot, Totango, Slack, Promoter.io are some of the tools we connect.

How has it helped my organization?

Digging further into the tool integrations, we can use the data from one tool we use, connect it with Zaps to another tool to execute data-driven actions.

One example is the user behaviour on our SaaS-platform.

We can make segments with users that show specific behaviour on the platform. With Zapier, we can connect them to mailing tools for delivering specific, targeted content. This means no more mass mailing.

What is most valuable?

The countless integrations that Zapier makes possible are easy to set up and are valuable. As a SaaS provider, we use countless online tools for dashboards, tracking, and other metrics. Of course, those databases need to interact with each other. When there's no standard integration available, Zapier provides the answer.

What needs improvement?

In the past years, I've seen Zapier improve a lot in the user interface and in the amount of possible integrations.

I would like to have more integration with lesser known, local tools. Zapier serves all widely used global apps, but not all well-known local applications.

Three to five years.

Not all Zaps work perfectly the first time. However, most of the time it is the third-party application that is producing the errors. Some Zaps with custom fields are not easy to integrate on the first try.

I only contacted support once, but from that experience, I can say that there was a fast analysis of the problem and a technically skilled support team.

I never tried a different solution. Zapier is the best known integrator with good pricing. It is probably the market leader in its sector. This builds a lot of trust. I see no need to look in the market to compare it with other tools.

There's no real setup involved. Only the different integrations need a setup, which is really supported and guided by Zapier. It's hard to do anything wrong.

The ROI can't be calculated.

Regarding the pricing, start with a basic plan and go forward from there.

If you don't need a lot of integration, Zapier will cost virtually nothing.

Even going to the business plan, it's pretty cheap and you'll get a lot out of it. Only upgrade when you reach your limit of Zaps.

What other advice do I have?

Try the free version first, just to build and test your Zap. You have nothing to lose!