BMC Remedyforce Overview

BMC Remedyforce is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Help Desk Software. It is most often compared to ServiceNow: BMC Remedyforce vs ServiceNow

What is BMC Remedyforce?

BMC Remedyforce, built on Salesforce App Cloud, enables you to deliver high-speed service management that empowers users and accelerates the business, with minimal capital investment.

Built with speed and flexibility in mind

• Comprehensive functionality:Incident, problem, change, service level management, self-service, discovery and asset management
  • Social, mobile, modern access: With the Salesforce 1 platform, solve incidents, submit approvals, and crowdsource information via Chatter or chat
  • Intuitive dashboards and reporting: Resolve 90% of IT issues on the first call; show key business metrics in real time
  • Configuration not customization: Deploy new technologies and services without coding or scripting, using existing Salesforce staff
  • No software or hardware to install or manage: Seamless upgrades twice a year with simple, value-based pricing

BMC Remedyforce is also known as Remedyforce.

BMC Remedyforce Buyer's Guide

Download the BMC Remedyforce Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

BMC Remedyforce Customers

Design Within Reach, Dex Media, DHHS, News UK, Pervasive Software, Mitchell International, Sysmex Corporation, Ameritas, Lumen 21

BMC Remedyforce Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BMC Remedyforce pricing:
  • "My current company has a deal. I think the subscription per year is 20K dollars. Per year for the client is really nothing compared to other products and solutions."

Abdullah_Smadi
Business Unit Manager at Magnoos Information Systems
A solid, reasonably-priced service management solution for small to mid-sized businesses

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for Remedyforce is for clients who do not have a requirement on the CMDB (Configuration Management Database). When I'm talking about a requirement, I'm talking about things like federation and reconciliation requirements. This gap is one of the reasons I started looking at Remedyforce as a potential solution. The second reason for choosing this is when the client size is medium to small — not truly enterprise. Medium-sized companies in my view means that the support staff is around 10 to 30 members. That is just the number of support staff, not end-users. There should also… more »

• "An inexpensive solution that is easy to set up and use without much support."
  • "The product is created to service small to medium-sized businesses. Although it can be used in enterprise settings this choice comes down to properly assessing needs."

What other advice do I have?

On the cloud, BMC is a leader. Even now they are introducing AI as part of their platform. Any platform that you have in the cloud with them, you'll have IBM Watson built-in with it. The chatbot used in Remedyforce is AI-based using IBM Watson. If someone is considering Remedyforce they need to ask the right questions of themselves. Very simple, straightforward questions. How many servers do you have? How many support staff you have? How many custom processes do you have? Or are you a green field where you have not begun to build anything? These things will help to define the correct solution…
ML
Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Good integrations and very stable with excellent alert functionality

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to record IT events and instances. For example, if someone is working within the office but suddenly their test op doesn't work, they'll call the IT service support desk and the desk will take the call and record the instance on the Remedy system. We'll also use this system to record and send out notifications to all related staff so that they know about the status of relevant activities and tasks.

• "The solution is very good at integrating systems."
  • "It's hard to find information about the solution online. We'll sometimes use the internet to look for technical answers, and we won't be able to find it."

What other advice do I have?

We have around 500 people in our company and at least half of them will come in contact with this software daily. I don't think too many people are very familiar with it, however, because it has to be updated continually to accommodate some new functions. I'd advise other companies that the product is very powerful, and if they want to keep their old servers, they should be careful. It's a big software system and it's not very open. They won't be able to find too much information about it on the internet and will have to rely on BMC directly quite a bit. The solution is highly customizable…
Learn what your peers think about BMC Remedyforce. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AM
Executive Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Flexible and pretty stable but needs better flexibility

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for BD. It's providing service delivery and essentially servicing our end customers in terms of problem management, incident management, and basically ongoing support for our end customers. We also use the solution just internally for employees as IT service management. These are the two primary use cases that we have internally for this product.

• "The solution is very flexible."
  • "The look and feel is very dated."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a BMC customer. We don't have a special business relationship with them, however. While I've enjoyed using this product, I believe BMC Helix to be a better solution. Overall, I would rate it a six out of ten. If they updated the UI and were a bit more robust I might grade it higher.
Syed Abu Owais Bin Nasar
Software Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good reporting and easy to use but needs to offer better integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

Remedyforce is primarily used for tasks such as incidents management, service requests, change management, task management, and business management.

• "The stability is good. There are no bugs."
  • "They need to make it possible to more easily customize the user interface."

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership with BMC. We currently use the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number. Remedyforce is basically built on Salesforce. We are using the Salesforce Service Cloud. I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the integration capabilities were more robust.
MF
Business analyst / Consultant at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, but needs to be faster and more responsive

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use asset management, the console parcel, and the CMDB functionalities. It's mainly for search and to verify access. I also use it to update attributes and relationships. Currently, we are mainly using it for the change management process, for example, for planning and bringing forth approval process changes (that are open and assigned to our team). Occasionally it is also used for incident management.

• "If a company needs to expand the solution, they are able to do so. It is quite scalable."
  • "It's not user-friendly. Everything is overly complicated. Even for the simplest of tasks, a user will waste time. It requires a lot of clicks and a lot of steps. Often we will have to do the same thing two or three times. It's really bad."

What other advice do I have?

I don't really know what deployment model is used within the organization as I'm not an employee of the company that uses BMC. I work there as a consultant. I don't really know the details about the architecture. I would advise other companies to take the time to make sure this product is really going to help them. Otherwise, they might be stuck with it and it isn't going to work well. I'd rate the solution six out of ten.
Adnan Naseem
Jr Software Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good knowledge base and ticketing system but technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for our banking solution. I use it as a way for customers to open their tickets and resolve problems that are related to their banking, both internal and external.

• "The knowledge base is the solution's most valuable aspect. All of the knowledge we need is right at our fingertips."
  • "The solution's technical support is in need of a lot of improvement."

What other advice do I have?

I'd warn others that when it comes to implementing Remedyforce, they should be aware there may be fees involved. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If they had better documentation and better technical support, I would rate them higher.
SV
Service Assurance Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Good interface, good customization, and very stable

• "The interface and customization are the solution's most valuable features."
  • "The solution's business workforce should be much more capable of drag and drop functionality. The solution could be kind-of UI based rather than still being coding based. You still need an administrator profile, and you'll have to code things if you want to use the solution."

What other advice do I have?

I am an internal auditor, so I cannot reveal much information in terms of my current organization's structure. I'd strongly recommend the solution to others. I'd rate it nine out of ten.
SW
Principal Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable with good performance and support, but the CSM features need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use Remedyforce for our IT helpdesk. For our internal users, it keeps track of incidents. We are also a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

• "The feature that we like best is the stability of the product."
  • "The customer service management (CSM) features are in need of improvement."

What other advice do I have?

This product has now been deprecated and is no longer available for sale, so I cannot recommend that other people use it. They have been offering the smaller BMC Helix and we are currently evaluating that as a replacement. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
See 3 more BMC Remedyforce Reviews