IBM Public Cloud Overview

IBM Public Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top IoT Platforms. It is most often compared to Amazon AWS: IBM Public Cloud vs Amazon AWS

What is IBM Public Cloud?

IBM Cloud is a full-stack cloud platform that spans public, private and hybrid environments. Build with a robust suite of advanced data and AI tools, and draw on deep industry expertise to help you on your journey to the cloud.

IBM Public Cloud is also known as IBM Bluemix.

IBM Public Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the IBM Public Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

IBM Public Cloud Customers

Uvionics Tech, Komsomolskaya Pravda, Alpha Modus, Inventive, Web Business Consulting, FindBrok, SilverHook Powerboats, United Way of Allegheny County

IBM Public Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Public Cloud pricing:
  • "The price of IBM Cloud is very cheap compared to competitors AWS and Azure."
  • "The licensing fees are straightforward and predictable."
  • "In order to be competitive, you have to commit to a contract for at least one year, but you pay a fixed monthly fee."
  • "We are using the trial version of this solution, so we have not paid anything."

Ashutosh Malik
Subject Matter Expert - Data Network at Mphasis
Flexible, user-friendly, and competitively-priced

What is our primary use case?

We are a managed service provider and IBM Cloud is one of the products that we use to provide services for our clients. We have a large number of customers who are in different industries and some of them are moving from a traditional data center to the cloud.

• "One of the features that I really like about IBM Cloud is the flexibility where you can order your own hardware."
  • "There is not a lot of support for this solution, which is something that needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this solution depends on your organizational requirements and how you want to function, as well as the policies. One example is that a lot of financial institutions do not want to migrate to the cloud for security reasons. Some organizations prefer one provider over another, such as AWS. There is no hard and fast rule that says you have to use only the IBM Cloud. The option is up to the customer. Overall, I would stay that IBM Cloud is stable, straightforward, and is a good service. I recommend it. My main complaint is about support, which is tied to pricing. I would rate…
CEO & Co-founder at NEXTBKL SP z o o
A scalable and stable solution with an easy and straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for the ecosystem on the platform where we collect data.

• "The initial setup was very easy. It's quite straightforward. Deployment took about fifteen minutes. Everything is well organized."
  • "The solution needs to be more autonomous. It should let the DL go to allow for more jobs on the cloud. It could have a better interface as well."

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud version of the solution. We have Amazon as a provider. The solution is very stable and technical assistance is very fast in their response. The service offered by IBM is highly respected, as well as the policy of the service provided. It's the best on the market for me and my organization. There are other good open-source solutions that work, but from a service and policy perspective, I would recommend IBM. I would rate this solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if instead of making separate integrations, IBM just brought all of their solutions together.
Learn what your peers think about IBM Public Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KK
Lead Consultant at a political organization with 51-200 employees
Performance, resiliency, and availability are second to none

What is our primary use case?

My clients' use cases are for their private data where there's concern about the data being exposed. If it is on the public cloud whether it's performance issues or issues around disaster recovery or resilience, we tend to have the data help on-prem or on the cloud and then processing done on the public cloud.

• "The availability is second to none. Customer support is very good."
  • "The deployment can be a bit of a pain. There are a lot of packages and a lot of options and it can require complex configuration to get it right."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate IBM Cloud a nine out of ten. The only deficiency is the deployment. IBM is very focused on hybrid cloud as its main strength. It is useful with other IBM products. If you want something that's out of the box and simple that you don't need to do anything complex with, IBM Cloud is too big for you. If you're looking to do any mix with anything on-prem and if all you want to do is a simple cloud deployment, it's probably too big for you. It'll be easier to do in Azure. If you want better scalability and 100% availability then go with IBM Cloud. In the next release, I would like to…
Mahmoud Al-Hattab
Senior Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Supports both Dynamic and Static Content for our Cloud Applications

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for IBM Cloud is checking our products, our deployment environment, and testing their dynamic/static states.

• "The price of IBM Cloud is most valuable for us. The service is personable and gives us a good rapport. I can't say it's the best, but it was enough for our needs."
  • "Maybe performance enhancers and reports could be better improved. If they do so, it would be better. Of all the drawbacks I saw, this would be the biggest enhancement."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate IBM Cloud with an eight.
Syed Mohammed Hady
Director at Alveron Communications Pte LTD
This dedicated server allowed me to reliably and securely provide data access to my clients

What is our primary use case?

My primary use for IBM Cloud is to have it act as a dedicated server for my database. Other use cases include using it for telco, telecom services. I needed a dedicated server for the database. Many apps in the market actually use my database for their services, so that is why I need a dedicated, reliable server.

• "This is a predictable and dependable service."
  • "They could improve on customizing reporting capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would have for people considering this service would be that they should try it. If they are something like a small enterprise, they can use this IBM solution. It is very clear and easy to understand the interfaces, services, and easy to understand the pricing. They can be sure how it will work and how it will fit into their budget before they use it. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate it as a 10. It does exactly what I expect it to, it is a good service, and there are no surprises.
DC
Consultant at a educational organization with 11-50 employees
Stable, scales quite well, and offers great technical support

What is our primary use case?

On the IBM Cloud, I mainly use their servers and their load balancer.

• "I've found the stability to be excellent. The performance is good."
  • "The product should offer more computing, similar to Amazon."

What other advice do I have?

I'm an IBM customer and end-user. I use this product for my clients. I'd rate this product at a ten out of ten. I've been extremely satisfied with its capabilities so far. I would recommend it to all developers.
CS
Arquiteto de Soluções at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good support and cost-effective, but the virtual network is very poor in Brazil and they need more options for databases

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we have moved a few of our customers with simple infrastructures to the IBM Cloud.

• "For non-complex applications, the IBM Cloud works fine and the price is much lower than the competitors."
  • "They do not have a very good virtual network implemented, and the VPC is the most important feature that needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
SP
Engineer at Emerson Network Power
Leaderboard
Good technical support, and you can deploy applications from remote locations

What is our primary use case?

I am using this solution to assist with my study. We have an agreement between our university and IBM to use the IBM Cloud.

• "This product is very good because it is accessible in remote locations, and anyone can deploy from any place."
  • "I would like to see a more user-friendly deployment process in the next release of this solution."

What other advice do I have?

There was a mix of versions in our project, with some people using the trial version and others using the paid version of this solution. I think that the full, paid version was better. This product is very good because it is accessible in remote locations, and anyone can deploy from any place. It is very nice, and I don't think that many people know about this cloud computing system. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
See 2 more IBM Public Cloud Reviews