Microsoft Azure App Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Azure App Service is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Development Platforms. It is most often compared to Microsoft PowerApps: Microsoft Azure App Service vs Microsoft PowerApps

What is Microsoft Azure App Service?

Azure App Service Web Apps (or just Web Apps) is a service for hosting web applications, REST APIs, and mobile back ends. You can develop in your favorite language, be it .NET, .NET Core, Java, Ruby, Node.js, PHP, or Python. Applications run and scale with ease on Windows-based environments.

Microsoft Azure App Service is also known as Azure App Service, MS Azure App Service.

Microsoft Azure App Service Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft Azure App Service Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Microsoft Azure App Service Customers

Real Madrid, Absolut, AccuWeather, Heineken, NBC News, Paramount

Microsoft Azure App Service Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft Azure App Service pricing:
  • "Azure doesn't cost as much as other services."
  • "Less than USD $100 per month."
  • "We have no complaints about the pricing."

SM
Architect at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
It saves us time and money and installation is really easy

What is our primary use case?

We wanted to build a web application, so we started exploring whether we should do it on-premise or on cloud. We already had an Azure subscription and then we decided to do it on Azure. I like the solution because if you want to do something, even if it is a simple proof of concept, you can use a daily subscription. You can do it within minutes and it makes things move a lot faster compared to traditional data center models.

• "The program is stable and we've had no technical issues so far."
  • "I would like to see faster adoption and templates that we can use."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to occupy the use cases from businesses to see if this works for you. It is really easy. I give this solution a nine out of ten. In the future, I would like to have a template for development, though.
Brian Sullivan
Chief Analytics Officer at Idiro Analytics
Still familiarizing ourselves, but the data factory tool has proved to be most beneficial

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of the solution is for ETL. We're slowly moving everything over to Azure, so I think this will be our expected hub for the near future. I'm the chief analytics officer and we are a Microsoft partner.

• "Azure data factory is a good tool."
  • "Lacking somewhat in template data flows."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the product. I would suggest giving yourself time to learn and adapt to the product. A lot of people would probably come to it having some historic or some existing software product in place and they're maybe migrating onto it. And so it will likely involve changing or redesigning how some existing process works. It's a good time to kind of learn some of the intricacies or the way Azure operates that might be slightly different to what they do on-premise. Ultimately it seems like it can do anything that you might be doing with a different tool or in a different location. It's…
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure App Service. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ST
Cloud Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable with an easy initial setup and good infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to create a website. Azure will provide infrastructure without any servers and can provide service to host the websites of the company.

• "It's a platform as a service, so we don't have to manage the infrastructure to hold the websites."
  • "The solution needs better integration capabilities on the network side."

What other advice do I have?

We're a Microsoft partner. I'd advise other users just to be sure that they have all of the components on the Azure side in order to do the hybrid configuration. From my experience, that will give you better performance if you have everything on there. That, and it will be totally clear and you won't mix anything up with some private stuff. Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
RK
Technical Architect at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
Feature-rich, fantastic technical support, and debugging is easier with Application Insights

What is our primary use case?

We have our application on Azure and it does a REST call through the App Service, which in turn connects to our on-premises database. We are using Tomcat and Java in conjunction with this service. This product is user-friendly and the customization is good.

• "Debugging using Application Insights is a valuable feature."
  • "Initially, there were some rare instances when the server went down because it was deployed on Linux."

What other advice do I have?

Everything looks good and we are happy with this product. It seems to have everything that we need and I haven't seen any limitations. My advice to anybody who is looking at it is that it's a good platform to start building your integrations. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
Manikandan Surendranath
DGM (Software) at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Offers a good feature set and has a user-friendly look and feel

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case has been pretty vague so far. Right now, my scope is on DevOps. I'm looking at it from the point of view of having a DevOps platform. We already have a team foundation server and are working from the cloud.

• "Overall, all of the features are very good."
  • "I am new to the intervention and I find it difficult to find my way around the user interface. I have my own learning tool. However, it could be simpler for new users."

What other advice do I have?

We've had a long business relationship with Microsoft. We're partners. We're still in the process of exploring the solution. However, so far, I would recommend it. I'd rate it eight out of ten.
AS
Regional Business Intelligence Lead at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
Good Data Factory features and good scalability but the stability could be improved

What is most valuable?

The Data Factory is very good, as is the SSIS, which I also use on the cloud.

What needs improvement?

The cost of the solution needs improvement.

I've been using the solution for three months.

We're still testing the product. We occasionally have some problems and get some errors. Right now, we have a lot of issues with it.

The product is scalable.

The solution is quite expensive. If you need more features, you need to pay for them.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.…