Oracle Service Cloud Overview

Oracle Service Cloud is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top CRM Customer Engagement Centers. It is most often compared to Siebel CRM: Oracle Service Cloud vs Siebel CRM

What is Oracle Service Cloud?

Oracle Service Cloud, part of the Oracle CX Cloud Suite, is a cloud-based, omnichannel solution that captures a 360-degree view of every customer in a dynamic and unified agent desktop. Oracle Service Cloud’s innovative approach is driven by knowledge, automation, and evolving customer interaction channels, simplifying every service experience for service administrators and customers alike. By helping to differentiate your organization's service experience, Oracle Service Cloud delivers measurable business impacts across all industries.

This flexible and scalable platform includes:

• A highly interactive and pixel-perfect Web and Mobile Customer Service, encouraging customers to self-serve via a customer portal, knowledge base, Facebook page, or peer-based community. Service can also be predictive, through the Internet of Things, or automated through virtual assistants, for example.
  • A unified Cross-Channel Contact Center that captures a unique 360-degree view of every consumer across all channels guiding agents to seamless resolution.
  • A time-based, self-learning, and predictive Field Service Management (formerly TOA Technologies) that automates and optimizes operations in the field.
  • A fully integrated cloud Knowledge Management solution that delivers a seamless and consistent experience across all channels. It is the backbone of every omnichannel service strategy.
  • Oracle Policy Automation delivers Smarter Advice–a more personal, richer interaction with customers based on the easy automation of business processes, rules, regulations, and organizational policies.

For more information visit https://cloud.oracle.com/en_US/service-cloud

Oracle Service Cloud is also known as Oracle RightNow.

Oracle Service Cloud Customers

Pacifico Seguros Generales, Elsevier B.V., Madison Area Technical College, Bigtree Entertainment, Pvt. Ltd., HM Land Registry, Walmart Stores Inc., MakeMyTrip Ltd., Orbitz Worldwide LLC, Big Fish Games Inc.

Oracle Service Cloud Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

ER
Process and Data Manager at Point of Origin
Managing the sales staff with optional and obligatory tasks works well

What is our primary use case?

Steering our salesforce.

How has it helped my organization?

We had to manage the work of about 45 people in sales: 30 in retail, 15 in gastronomy. You need good IT skills to run the system well, and it's not lean to manage, though it's flexible and there are many possibilities for desired developments.

What is most valuable?

Managing the sales staff with optional and obligatory tasks works well. The system is flexible if you have the necessary know how.

What needs improvement?

It's not lean to manage.

Solution Architect - Oracle CX Cloud
Leaderboard
I like the self-service feature of the customer portal

What is our primary use case?

We implemented Oracle Service Cloud for a building management company. They were very happy as their customers were able to call, chat and email their issues and these were closely monitored and were tracked regularly for resolution.

How has it helped my organization?

Being the platinum partner of Oracle, we did the implementation for this client thus making the system work beyond their expectations.

What is most valuable?

Self-service through the customer portal Knowledge management Omni-channel through CoBrowse CTI Chat, etc.

What needs improvement?

Their mobile application for this product could be made more attractive as it currently has little functionalities.

Three to five years.
Oracle Service Cloud Developer
It has amazing and very powerful reporting

What is our primary use case?

Documenting call center customer interaction, transferring incidents between teams and the help desk chat.

How has it helped my organization?

The OSC has been a great help, providing guides for agents, chat and help desk, surveys, etc. It's easy to document and work on customer cases. It has an amazing and very powerful reporting.

What is most valuable?

Love the power of reporting and dashboards. Also, I really like how easy it is to customize the OSC to fit most needs.

What needs improvement?

I think it is really good as it is but the chat routing could use some improvements. It is difficult to manage lots of queues since the agents can only have one profile.

Configuration Engineer III at Harte Hanks
Leaderboard
It allowed us to shorten the time to resolve issues and facilitate multiple concurrent avenues of contact for customers.

What is our primary use case?

* Omnichannel customer support for multiple clients. * The benefit of having ways to defer call volume like KBs and chat help reduces cost.
Manager at a tech vendor with self employed
Leaderboard
It provides faster turnaround times

What is our primary use case?

Knowledge management (KM) Call center Customer outreach and transactional processes We are also starting to use OPA to build online interviews.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided a faster turnaround time. We were able to automate a number of transactional tasks and return that extra time to taking care of customers.

What is most valuable?

Incident management Workflow for transactions KM for general knowledge The partnership we gained with Oracle has increased our rate of success.

What needs improvement?

We built some custom code to make a few functions easier. Oracle needs to look at what the customers do and integrate them into the product.

More than five years.
Project Coordinator at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Included reports and the ability to customize are valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

Being active on their forums is very helpful to innovating and problem solving.
Solution Director - Oracle CX at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
With workflows, only necessary ​data is exposed on the screens for agents to complete a ticket.

What other advice do I have?

This is an excellent product. The development team at Oracle is constantly creating new better versions. This product is an excellent application for customer service - dynamic knowledge management, ticket management, robust analytics and can be administered by a business analyst!!
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The knowledge base allows non-technical users to create business content that becomes end-user facing.
Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides a complete view of end users though all channels and base marketing.
Director, Solutions Consulting at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Knowledge Foundation and Advanced incorporate NLP technology.
Guest Insight Analyst & Oracle Service Cloud CX Administrator at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We use it for incident management and FAQs.

What is most valuable?

Well, all of the features are pretty great. We use it for incident management and FAQs. These are the features that are valuable to us.

How has it helped my organization?

We have streamlined our email process and allowed customer self-service to reduce phone calls.

What needs improvement?

Support is an area with room for improvement.

I have used it for eight years.

Unfortunately, there are times when it goes down, but we have never had an outage that has impacted us significantly.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: My…
Head of Solutions Delivery UK at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The chat and skill-based routing features are a couple of the most valuable features.
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Testimonial Review of Oracle RightNow CX

What other advice do I have?

The customer journey surrounds three experiences: "The Web Experience", "The Contact Centre Experience" and "The Social Experience". Oracle RightNow has given equal importance to these three, which overwhelmingly satisfies the customer.
Director - Emerging Technologies at Speridian Technologies
Reseller
Leaderboard
It's meant for services. It was built with a base of providing services to the customers by providing knowledge-base articles and not just through a phone channel. It's more of an omni-channel suite.