Zapier Overview

Zapier is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Data Integration tools. It is most often compared to Workato: Zapier vs Workato

What is Zapier?

Zapier is a tool for primarily non-technical users to connect together web apps.

An integration between two apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of a Trigger and one or more Actions or Searches.

Whenever the trigger happens in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the actions or searches in another app in order.

Zaps are very lightweight and easy to set up. Zaps do not import or export old data (they only operate on new items created after the Zap is enabled). Zaps are also not kept in sync ("two way syncing") after the Zap is triggered.

Zaps are deceivingly simple if you're used to dealing with complex and difficult integrations. Their simplicity is what enables anyone to create them.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Zapier Customers

BuzzFeed, Groupon, Spotify, Columbia University, FOX

Zapier Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Technical Marketing Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
We can make segments with users that show specific behaviour on the platform.

What is our primary use case?

We use Zapier to make connections between our tech tool stack. Google sheets, Hubspot, Totango, Slack, Promoter.io are some of the tools we connect.

What other advice do I have?

Try the free version first, just to build and test your Zap. You have nothing to lose!
Your Online Marketing Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
We can set up marketing automation processes.

• "The connection between Facebook lead forms and MailChimp integrations is the most valuable feature."
  • "Some apps are not available yet. For instance, a connection with Joomla! would be great. In general, all the most-used apps are available, but I bumped into Joomla! with a client."

What other advice do I have?

Just start!
Find out what your peers are saying about Zapier, MuleSoft, Jitterbit and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: May 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Co-Founder - CTO & Customer Success at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Connects web applications to trigger actions in another app.

• "The ability to connect web applications to trigger actions in another app after having enriched, formatted, delayed, grouped, and filtered is really valuable for many businesses."
  • "Being able to share Zaps and organize them with teammates would allow sharing and refining scenarios and even combining steps that require different people's credentials."

What other advice do I have?

Start with basic Zaps and scenarios, and then refine them. Give the Zapier features a try. These include formatter, delay, digest, translate, email, and parser. Once you've tried it, you'll really enjoy the new world that opens up for you in terms of making stuff work together seamlessly.
Customer Education Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Integrating with this tool allows our users to use their services.

What other advice do I have?

If they get stuck, they should check out the help documentation for answers.
Quality Assurance Chapter Lead at a marketing services firm with 201-500 employees
Ability to connect almost any API to another API.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to save money on developer efforts and get quick automation, Zapier is the tool. And if your Zap runs more than 1000 times a day, it shows you where development efforts are actually required.
Manager, Marketplace Success at a recruiting/HR firm with 11-50 employees
The webhooks allow me to create my own integrations.

What other advice do I have?

Be patient and really think about which actions you want automated before you set anything up. Planning and labeling are key to staying organized.
Salesforce Administrator / Salesforce Business Analyst at a tech vendor
The ability to connect one system to another wasn’t previously possible without a custom integration. The zaps work one-way, but sometimes two-way is needed.

What other advice do I have?

It’s not as difficult as you imagine. Take note that it is a one-way integration solution, not two-way.
Chief Data Officer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Most of the time, if we want to implement a new system, we can find it associated with this product.

What other advice do I have?

Do it! Zapier is INCREDIBLE! It has saved us so much time.
Senior Project Manager
Connections are made without code, only by field mapping.

What other advice do I have?

I advise to try Zapier on a test case. The implementation is very fast and cheap. Then you can decide to keep it with this feedback.
Social Media Program & Live Chat Program Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
The Zendesk, MailChimp, and Formstack integrations are valuable. Technical support is fantastic.

What is most valuable?

The Zendesk, MailChimp, and Formstack integrations are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to bridge marketing tools and support tools for transparency and better process management.

What needs improvement?

The visual display of connections, say, in a process map; not really high priority, more of a nice to have.

I have used Zapier for four years.

We did have stability issues, at one point every week. This was 3 years ago.

We have not had scalability problems.

Technical support is fantastic; top notch. One of the co-founders…
Salesforce and Database Coordinator at a real estate/law firm with 11-50 employees
Allows us to connect RingCentral to Salesforce for accurate counts of sales rep call totals.

What other advice do I have?

It requires substantially experienced, in-house data operations staff for management of Zapier.com.
Growth & Marketing Manager at a transportation company with 11-50 employees
A message posted to a particular Slack channel can become a to-do with the tool Trello.
Energy Consultant / Content Marketing Specialist at a recruiting/HR firm with 11-50 employees
Provides automatic connections between CRM and the email system. Customer service could be better.

What other advice do I have?

I am sure it is a great product, if you have someone who understands your email system to advise you accordingly.
Sr Customer Solutions Expert at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Webhooks and multi-step zaps are the most valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

Check out Zapier apps. It gives you many more options to play around with in Zapier.
Digital Marketer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Provides automation of content curation and client onboarding.

What other advice do I have?

Zapier is a powerful tool. It’s really up to the users to maximize its capability and use it with as many Zapier hacks (for both marketers and developers) as possible.
Project Consultant/Project Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
The most valuable feature is the webhook function that integrates to all the applications.

What other advice do I have?

Zapier can usually do what you want to do. You sometimes just don’t know how to do it. Make sure you ask if you’re confused.
Partnerships and Tech Marketing Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Some of the valuable features are requeue and collaborative functionality.

What other advice do I have?

It’s not totally "set and forget". Don’t spend your saved time watching the dashboard, but it will save you time.
Developer
We can prototype business tasks into a single process by linking together the tools and apps we use.

What other advice do I have?

Start with the basic package and give Zapier a try. Build small simple Zaps that automate parts of an administrative process.
Head of Customer Relationship & Operations - Digital Division at a leisure / travel company with 10,001+ employees
Creates business rules and workflows without the need to code.

What other advice do I have?

As I said before, it is very interesting for quick wins with a lack of resources.
Senior System Executive at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
We are using this product for Salesforce and JIRA integration. Very limited actions and objects are supported.

What other advice do I have?

It saves time and is maintainable.
Director of Marketing Operations at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
The solution connects disparate systems. It automates the transfer of data from one system into another.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a shot. It can save you a lot of time and help you create really elegant solutions at a low price and with a low amount of effort.
Digital Marketing Specialist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
We can automate our campaign leads directly to our clients' Gmail accounts.

What other advice do I have?

Just try integrating a few basic apps with the free plan or maybe with the $20 work plan. After you get the basics, which are quite easy to learn, you can try the higher plans and more complex integrations.
Cofounder & COO at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
The number of connected apps allows me to set up automation processes.

What other advice do I have?

Learn to make the most out of each step in a Zap as it helps cut down on redundant steps.
Product Categories
Cloud Data Integration
Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Zapier, MuleSoft, Jitterbit, and more!