Assyst Review

Excellent service catalog, good workflow, and great scalability capabilities

What is our primary use case?

Our client primarily uses the solution for IT service management as well as business service management.

What is most valuable?

The service catalog is a really good aspect of the solution. It offers incident management, problem management, change management, and a self-service portal among other features.

The workflow of the solution is very good.

The foundational architecture is also impressive. The whole service management side of it is based on the CMDB. That concept is really strong in their product.

What needs improvement?

The product requires heavy administrative work. It's not an easy drag-and-drop workflow type of model. It's hard to configure and customize. Axios claims that the new version will improve that, but I haven't seen that product. I hope they offer it in the next release.

Technical support could be improved.

I've been dealing with the solution for about one year.

If you look at any higher-end product when you're talking about more functionality and features, there are always a few bugs. I don't really blame the product for that.

However, stability is also determined by the maintenance is done by the client. Some clients are not really maintaining the solution correctly, so there is the danger of stability issues. If it's properly managed, then stability is okay.

It'd generally rate stability as four out of five.

The solution's architecture is definitely scalable. One of my clients has 60 to 70 technicians working on the product. A more affordable product may be something like BMC or even ServiceNow.

Technical support could still be improved. They have excellent support in other parts of the world, however, I been having some issues in our region. For example, our client in Oman needs to get support from Dubai. It's not bad, and they have brought in consultants from other sites to assist, but it needs work.

Tier 1 products, all ITSM products, will definitely require some support from the vendor. You can't download it from a site and install it. However, the initial setup is okay. New users need to be aware that first-time implementation will need assistance in order to properly get it up and running. In comparison to higher-end products, it's more difficult to install.

We're a consultant; we assist our clients in the installation process that is typically configured and installed by Axios.

While the solution is great for large enterprises, it's expensive, so it may not be feasible for smaller organizations.

The solution works on a subscription fee. It's not a monthly basis, but more about a one-time fee and then usage according to a variety of items. It's not like a cloud-based model where you pay every month.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. I have clients that use the solution. We use the on-premises deployment model. Typically, we deal with large-scale enterprises like banks.

The solution is very good.

My advice to people going with Assyst is that you need to make your process clear, as it is an architectural model product. Whatever you ask them to configure Axios will configure. That means you need to be clear about what process you want to configure and how the workflow should be. Then you just make sure you maintain it properly to keep it stable.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.