Barracuda Email Security Gateway Review

Filters through our emails and blocks threats that would've previously come through to our network

What is our primary use case?

We use this as our email security gateway for the protection of the emails.

How has it helped my organization?

Before this solution, we didn't have any separate feature for protecting our emails. We used to only have a firewall but now we have email security. It has a graphical interface and we can see the log every time. We can see that the performance is fine.

What is most valuable?

The complete filtering feature for all of the emails is valuable for us. It filters all of the emails. There are lots of attacks that come to our network through emails and it does a good job of blocking that.

What needs improvement?

We had an incident where we didn't want to receive any emails or spam from a certain site and email address. We selected the mail ID, and we send it to Barracuda for analysis to see if it's spam or something like that. As of now, we haven't gotten any update or notification as to what happened with it.

I would like to see there be better implementation.

Compared to web stability, email stability is better.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. The set up is not too complicated. The deployment only took a few hours.

We used a consultant who is partners with Barracuda for the deployment.

License prices are okay.

What other advice do I have?

We have 250 - 300 users.

This product is good more any medium-sized company that uses email.

I would rate it an 8.5 out of ten. Not a ten because there is room to improve. They can do more with their R&D.