Barracuda Email Security Gateway Review

Handles filtering well and helps with the recovery of unintentionally deleted email

What is our primary use case?

As a large organization, we require a powerful email spam filter and an email security gateway. This is our primary use case for Barracuda Email Security.

How has it helped my organization?

This appliance has helped in that we now eliminate the thousands of scams, spam, and malware emails that are destined for our users. It also helps if a user has deleted an external email by mistake because we can retrieve it from the appliance and re-send it to them.

What is most valuable?

The features that we find most valuable are spam and virus protection. Another is the protection against e-mail spooling. Also, if the email server experiences an outage then we can see the status of all spooled emails, and whether an email has been re-delivered.

What needs improvement?

Two improvements that are needed include an enhancement in the proxy feature, as well as the ability to more fully automate patches and updates.

Three to five years.

In my experience, this is a stable product.

Customer support is good. They act promptly in response to any issues or error.

We did not use another solution in the past.

The initial setup for this appliance is not complex. It is very easy to configure and deploy.

We used a vendor team to implement this solution the first time, and we found them to be very capable with a very high level of expertise.

The price of this solution is very high, but it's working fine.

We did not evaluate options other than this one.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to secure your network then you must acquire a spam filter and virus firewall. In my opinion, Barracuda is the best choice.