BigFix Review

The most valuable feature for me is being able to reach all systems at once

How has it helped my organization?

I'd probably say it's a great asset for inventory management. You don't know, especially in our environment, where everything is and it just appears. Then you can track down what belongs to whom, for inventory purposes.

There is some complexity, a learning curve, but overall it's a great product. I have and will recommend it to anybody.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is being able to reach all systems at once.

What needs improvement?

I would probably just say the user interface and the web portal option. They came up with a GUI interface to use on the web, so it's very user-friendly. It's good for your lower level operators. Maybe a little more up-to-date interface would be better. It still has an older interface on the console.

Stability is great.

With regards to scalability, it's come a long way. I've only been working with it for about two years, and in those two years, it's evolved so much.

The technical support is always good.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup for this company.

Price and support were the most important factors we considered. I wasn't actually involved in this setup so I don't know which other professional endpoint security companies were on the shortlist.

What other advice do I have?

It's great if you're looking for an all-in-one inventory management, patch management and security tool. Now they have also added Detect, which is an awesome response tool. It's almost getting to a one-stop shop solution for inventory and patch management and automation.