BigFix Review

The most valuable feature for me is the multi platform which is customizable so we're able to do API integration throughout our entire network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is BigFix's multi platform. It's customizable and we're able to do API integration throughout our entire network.

How has it helped my organization?

We're able to to implement automation and reduce touch labor for level one technicalities so we're able to free up more manpower to take on more difficult tasks.

What needs improvement?

• I would like to see it go to the cloud. I want to see it as a management service.
  • For us, we basically generate our own API documentation. So I think more API integration would also help.

We've had no problems, it's a very stable solution. It's very well supported and has a big forum of users. So you always have a resource to reach out to.

We've actually fixed the patching by improving our patch application by almost 60%. We went from applying 6,000 patches manually to 34,000 on average a month.

It's very scalable. Extremely scalable. Customization is always a big issue for us so we're always able to grow with it.

We've used technical support many times. They have great support. We've had international support. We've been on calls with Poland, Ireland, Germany and all our technical experts in the USA.

I wasn't involved in the installation process.

When choosing a vendor we think that knowledge of our market place is key. The Walt Disney Company is unique in the environment so we need someone who understands that we work in different ways than a lot of other companies. This also applies with regard to product scalability. We need growth, I don't need to be working with one product in a silo.

What other advice do I have?

I would really encourage them to look into it and take a look at its abilities and think of it as a platform and not just a patching mechanism. Some people think BigFix is just patching. It's a lot more than that so I would ask them to look at the bigger modules.