CA Service Desk Manager Review
This product has many adjustment possibilities for different clients.

What is most valuable?

This product has so many adjustment possibilities for many different clients.

One of the features of this product is to elevate the customer experience. Due to the constantly increasing needs of the customers experience, we always have to make changes in the way we are working to provide satisfaction to our clients. Thus, this application has many thousands of ways to do that.

How has it helped my organization?

• We certainly increased the quality of our work.
  • The system is more robust. We can elaborate on a better and complex service. At one time, we had a lot of processes.

• The application has the possibility to integrate with other systems. This, in turn, transformed the information to be more solid.

• Due to the integration with Business Intelligence (BI), we had possibilities to create reports. In these reports, we can see, in-depth, about where and when exactly we need to modify our processes. Therefore, there was a decrease in the count of open and duplicate tickets.

What needs improvement?

One area that this product can improve is in the mobile user aspect. We need to get more solutions to our client's mobile, so they will have the same mobile experience that they have on their computer.

I have been using it for about five years. I started to use this system as a customer and after a short time, i.e., within a three month period, I specialized in it. Now I am working as an administrator.

I didn't particularly have any issues with the stability.

None of my clients have reported any scalability issues. I didn't find any such issues either.

The technical support is the best support that I've seen. They are very fast and provide security, in terms of responding to my tickets. Even if they don't know the answer immediately, I don't need to wait so long to receive their response back. They are always positive.

I have used a different solution before, but it wasn’t what my clients really needed. The other systems don't have a variety of services that CA SDM has included under only one system. If CA SDM doesn't have a particular feature, then CA has facility integration with its other systems.

The setup was straightforward, once you have almost all the things planned.

It is a bit expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for. It is worth it!

What other advice do I have?

Plan every step you need for implementation. Always look forward to every step that your client would need in order to get there.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have a big strategic partner relationship with CA.
1 visitor found this review helpful