CA Service Desk Manager Review

What is our primary use case?

• We have our AT side, which we use for our service desk.
  • We use it for our software development lifecycle.
  • We use it for our CIS Admin change, so any kind of changes that are happening.
  • We also have a CRM system that was built a hundred years ago.
  • It is used to manage our resorts, and our resort operations, and then also our call centers.

What is most valuable?

The database. The front-end is a little dated. They are working on it, but it is a little dated. So, the database and the power that is driven behind the database.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made us a lot more organized, and a lot more aware of what needs to happen. Just now, some of our teams are really adopting the managed change, such as using the product instead of emails back and forth.

What needs improvement?

The UI needs to be upgraded.

It is pretty stable. I have had a few problems with stability, but I do not think it is actually the fault of the product as much as it was the vendor that installed it for us.

I can do whatever I want on it. I have it customized.

Technical support is sketchy at best. I have an open ticket right now that has been open for a few weeks. They are a challenge to work with. It took three weeks to get it escalated up to where it probably needed to be in the first place. I do not call support unless something is really broken and I don't know how to fix it.

I was involved in the upgrades. From the old database to the new database, I did that upgrade, and actually a fresh install, which was very straightforward. That was version 11 though. The newer versions have become a little bit more complicated to do a fresh install on, rather than doing an upgrade. They are a little bit easier to upgrade versus doing a fresh install.

A vendor team.

Give it a shot, but go through a partner.

What other advice do I have?

It does what it is supposed to do. I can make it do more than it is supposed to do. I can customize it as I want. Most of the time the customizations will upgrade, but if they do not, I can reach out to people and find a different solution.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Whether or not they are going to help me.

1 visitor found this review helpful