CA Service Desk Manager Review

Brings all our cases together in one place; we use them as a knowledge base

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is managing incidents and requests from customers.

It performs very well.

How has it helped my organization?

For us it's indispensable to have all the cases in one place. It's the main tool for managing cases, day to day.

What is most valuable?

We can search open cases and closed cases to find what we have done in other incidents. We use the cases as a knowledge base to find what we did last time this incident occurred.

Also, prioritization is valuable and managing work queues.

What needs improvement?

Dashboards. Custom dashboards are really important because without that it takes too long to view some information. In the new version, xFlow is better.

It's pretty stable. The last versions are very stable.

Our installation is very small but the customer's experience is good.

Tech support is "so-so." Sometimes it takes too long for support people to understand what is happening. They always ask the same things, and start over with installations and with configurations and all that kind of stuff. And then, after all that, they start to ask what is happening. It takes way too long to start solving the problem.

Easy. In the latest versions it is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

When our company is investing in a new vendor, what is important to us is

• support
  • world-class software.

Overall, I would give it an eight out of 10 because it's a good product. I think it can improve some things but it's stable and it's useful.

Install it. I think it is easy to use. It's a good tool.