Cisco Jabber Review

Shows other's availability and status, offers powerful chat features, and integration across platforms is strong

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Jabber on our intranet for internal communications. It is used for chat, sharing documents, and sharing links.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is that it shows who is available and who is not, as well as what their current status is. When I want to check in with someone, I first have a look to see what they're up to and then I can throw in a question or engage in chat with them.

The UI is okay and I am quite pleased with it. The options that I have for moving things around the screen during calls are good. It is also modern looking and not clunky at all.

The power of the chat function is good in terms of sharing, pasting, and the like, as it is very full-featured.

The integration across platforms is really strong.

The speed and availability are very good.

There is also room for lots of customization built-in, which is a big plus.

What needs improvement?

With the deployment being completed by my organization, I do not have a lot of options for customization because there are certain presets in place. Essentially, I have enough to get my job done, but I don't have access to the full range of functions.

I have been using Jabber for six months.

I have never had an issue with a Cisco product in terms of stability.

I would say that this tool is for large enterprise-level customers. We have thousands of employees, so it is pretty scalable.

I've never had a problem that has necessitated contacting technical support, although I presume that it's really good. If I did have a problem then as an enterprise user, I would put in a ticket to our own helpdesk and they would be the ones to contact support from Cisco.

The initial setup is automated and really easy to do.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that it is a large enterprise product, so the suitability is based on the size of the company. You need to have a lot of employees to warrant a top-level solution like this one. I presume that very small businesses would have a tough time justifying the investment.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco Jabber vs. Cisco Unified Communications and other solutions. Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.