Cisco Jabber OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Jabber is #2 ranked solution in top Unified Communications tools. IT Central Station users give Cisco Jabber an average rating of 8 out of 10. Cisco Jabber is most commonly compared to Cisco Unified Communications:Cisco Jabber vs Cisco Unified Communications. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 22% of all views.
What is Cisco Jabber?
Cisco Jabber instantly interacts with instant messaging (IM) and presence; IP Voice and Video Telephony; Mobile Collaboration-Anywhere on Any Device; Communicate within other Web Apps, and Microsoft Office.

Cisco Jabber is also known as Jabber.

Cisco Jabber Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Jabber Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Cisco Jabber Customers
Odeabank, Eagle Investment Systems, Pella Corporation, The Republican National Convention, avodaqAG
Cisco Jabber Video

Cisco Jabber Reviews

Christopher Mills
Consultant at Verizon
Shows other's availability and status, offers powerful chat features, and integration across platforms is strong

• "The most valuable feature for me is that it shows who is available and who is not, as well as what their current status is."
  • "I presume that very small businesses would have a tough time justifying the investment."

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Jabber on our intranet for internal communications. It is used for chat, sharing documents, and sharing links.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is that it shows who is available and who is not, as well as what their current status is. When I want to check in with someone, I first have a look to see what they're up to and then I can throw in a question or engage in chat with them.

The UI is okay and I am quite pleased with it. The options that I have for moving things around the screen during calls are good. It is also modern looking and not clunky at all.

The power of the chat function is good in terms of sharing, pasting, and the like, as it is very full-featured.

The integration across platforms is really strong.

The speed and availability are very good.

There is also room for lots of customization built-in, which is a big plus.

What needs improvement?

With the deployment being completed by my organization, I do not have a lot of options for customization because there are certain presets in place. Essentially, I have enough to get my job done, but I don't have access to the full range of functions.

I have been using Jabber for six months.

I have never had an issue with a Cisco product in terms of stability.

I would say that this tool is for large enterprise-level customers. We have thousands of employees, so it is pretty scalable.

I've never had a problem that has necessitated contacting technical support, although I presume that it's really good. If I did have a problem then as an enterprise user, I would put in a ticket to our own helpdesk and they would be the ones to contact support from Cisco.

The initial setup is automated and really easy to do.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that it is a large enterprise product, so the suitability is based on the size of the company. You need to have a lot of employees to warrant a top-level solution like this one. I presume that very small businesses would have a tough time justifying the investment.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

MF
Professor/ Program Instructor at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Facilitates real-time communication and helps save on international calling costs

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to talk with people in real-time, instead of sending texts."
  • "Cisco Jabber is not a collaborative tool."

What is our primary use case?

We are a Cisco shop and during the COVID pandemic, we were using Jabber to create virtual environments to communicate with students in India and China.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to talk with people in real-time, instead of sending texts. COVID accentuated that need, especially given that we had to coordinate classes. Many of the professors are working remotely, and we use this product as a method for not having to call people's cell phones.

We can see who is on at any given point and ask them a question in real-time.

When I contact somebody from India or China, it is not on my bill.

What needs improvement?

Cisco Jabber is not a collaborative tool.

I have been using Cisco Jabber for a couple of years.

The stability is fine.

We dealt with technical support and do not have any complaints.

We were using Skype accounts to make international calls. However, no matter what information I put in, it did not look like an official message so the percentage of people who answered the phone was lowered. This means that my yield with Jabber was better because the name of the organization would be displayed. It made the odds of them answering more likely.

Many of the people who were using Jabber have now migrated to Microsoft Teams. One of the reasons is that Active Directory is integrated, and another is that Jabber is not so much of a collaborative tool because it's not a full suite. Teams also offers the ability to do video chat, document sharing in a safe way, and you can set up calendar events because it is integrated with Outlook.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this product worked well for what I needed to do. I didn't have to use my own phone account and I didn't get charged for international calls. It presented itself as an official number that said it was coming for our institution, which benefitted me because my response rate was higher.

Find out what your peers are saying about 3CX Live Chat vs. Cisco Jabber and other solutions. Updated: November 2021.
552,027 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AC
Senior Technical Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Stable, easy to set up, and works fine

What is our primary use case?

Everyone in our company uses Cisco Jabber for phone calls and internal chat. We have around 1,000 users. For features like video conferences, schedules, and presentations, we use Microsoft Teams.

What is most valuable?

It works fine feature-wise. The Cisco Jabber features that we use work okay.

What needs improvement?

There are issues in switching from one type of communication system to another. When I connect my wired earphone or Bluetooth earphone, Cisco Jabber doesn't switch automatically. There are some user experience issues that need to be fixed.

I have been using Cisco Jabber for four years.

It is quite stable.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It works fine feature-wise. The Cisco Jabber features that we use work okay.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Cisco Jabber for four years.

It is quite stable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cisco Jabber an eight out of ten.