Citrix ShareFile Review

Easy to use and deploy, with enterprise-level security features and good support

What is our primary use case?

We are cloud service providers based in Mumbai, India. We offer this solution to both domestic and international customers.

Many of our clients are looking to replace their on-premises file servers as they are working from home due to COVID. Everyone wants to collaborate.

We are moving on-premises files to the cloud. Several businesses such as Law Firms, CPAs, and Manufacturing companies, are moving their files to the cloud.

With the good auditing and security features, you can track who has accessed the file, and who is using it.

The primary use case is to move on-premise file servers to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

It's a very good product.

Citrix has a very good file auditing features and security features.

There are several valuable features offered by Citrix such as:

• The security file auditing features;
  • The granularity of the security;
  • It's very easy to use;
  • It's easy to deploy;
  • It has enterprise security features, including many add-ons. For example, OneDrive, G Drive, and Dropbox;
  • You have visibility to see who has accessed the data;

The security features are the best.

What needs improvement?

It's an enterprise product, but in terms of new trends, they should be moving toward DLP.

People want DLP features in the file servers. Because of the sensitive data in the file servers, customers prefer Data Leak Prevention (DLP).

DLP features are lacking and required because, especially with everyone working from home, security is now paramount when the data is on BYOD devices.

Specifically in Europe, they have the GDPR compliance, which requires a lot of reporting and product mechanisms.

They only thing that I can see is that Citrix needs to add more security features. The most important criteria for our customers is file sharing, and it can be done with any tool whether it's Dropbox, OneDrive, or G Drive, but the customers don't prefer them because they are not compliance-ready.

In the next release, they should include more data security, collaboration features, and DLP.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We are using the latest version for all of the security features that it offers.

Citrix is absolutely stable.

It is very scalable. In my department it's in the enterprise space, allowing you to have very large file shares.

Your on-premises shared files, or third party applications can also be mounted.

Your file shares from any location can be mounted with an add-on.

We have several clients. SMB clients have anywhere from 10 to 50 users. Our mid-market clients have 100 to 250 users, and our enterprise clients have anywhere from 100 to more than 2000.

Mostly in India, we have Semi Mid-Market clients (SME).

The technical support is very good. There are no issues.

Previously, we were using FileCloud. It has all of the features required for GDPR compliance and they have the DLP features also.

It is not complicated but it takes a day or two to configure everything. The Control Plane is in the Citrix Cloud and they have to attach the storage.

They have various models that can be deployed on-premises or on third-party clouds such as Azure, Amazon, or on the Citrix Cloud.

There are multiple deployment options. There are no restrictions on any particular cloud.

What other advice do I have?

Citrix ShareFile is now called Citrix Content Collaboration, they changed the name.

We have deployed it in our cloud mainly because products such as Dropbox are out of the country. In India, they wanted in-country for data localization.

COVID has triggered a lot of file cloud demands, for file sharing and cloud desktops. As a result, we offer to bundle our file share services with our cloud desktop offering.

I have tried many tools in the past, all from small vendors, but they lack support with the roadmap. Citrix has an enterprise-backing company and they have a good roadmap.

It's an enterprise-scalable product with security. There are no challenges with Citrix.

It's a great tool and I would definitely recommend it. It is very simple to use and it has the majority of the enterprise features.

Private Cloud