Clarity SM Review

Provides out-of-the-box integration with other CA Service Management modules and aligns with ITIL processes.

What is most valuable?

SDM provides out-of-the-box integration with other CA Service Management modules. For example, it integrated with CA CMDB, CA Business Intelligence (for reporting and dashboard), CA Service Catalog and CA Unified Self Service.

How has it helped my organization?

• We are better able to manage and keep track of SLAs with end users.
  • Analysts work more efficiently based on the ticket priority.
  • We can better manage IT assets and contract license through CMDB.
  • Reporting and dashboard: it is easy to produce a report with drag and drop functions.

What needs improvement?

Customization and configuration of CA Unified Self-Service needs improvement. CA needs to provide similar tools like Web Screen Painter (a customization tool for Service Desk) for CA Unified Self Service.

I have used this for 10 years; since CA Service Desk r11.

We have not had stability issues.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I’ll give technical support an 8.

We didn’t have anything before this.

Initial setup is straightforward.

They offer a concurrent analyst license that covers all the CA Service Desk modules: Incident, Request, Change, Service Level Management, CMDB, and Reporting.

There is NO license for the end user. In my opinion, it is a good licensing structure because some of other service desk products in the market sell separate licenses for each module.

We did’t look at alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

• The product aligns to the ITIL process.
  • All modules are integrated: Incident, Request, Problem, Change Order, and CMDB.
  • The Service Catalog makes it easy for the end user to log a ticket.
  • It is role based: easily manage the analyst based on their role; e.g., level 1 analyst, level 2 analyst.
  • Unified administrator task.
More Clarity SM reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with JIRA Service Management
Learn what your peers think about Clarity SM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.