Control-M Review

It acts as the mediator between the applications and the servers.

Valuable Features

• AFT
  • Job scheduling with various platforms
  • Blending options for module compatibility

Although I work with various modules for Control-M, i.e., SAP, Informatica, DB, OS, and Windows. We can't do AFT with either Windows scheduler nor with Linux cron jobs. Control-M is the center for all of the applications, where it acts as the mediator between the application and the servers. Not only is it secure, but there are various major applications we can work on.

Improvements to My Organization

All tasks related to Windows scheduler and Unix (linux) cron jobs are converted with BMC Control-M scheduling.

Room for Improvement

Version compatibility is one of the very few areas with room for improvement, but it is a big issue with minimum support. When we need to upgrade the product, we have to follow the exact Control-M prerequisites.

For plenty of applications, there are limits. Control-M uses options for configuring items such as the remote host for servers in the DMZ.

Use of Solution

I have used it for 4+ years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Currently technical support is awesome, 100%.

I did not previously use a different solution, such as Autosys and IBM Tivoli.

Initial setup is easy to understand for any end user who does not have any prior knowledge of the product.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing and licensing depends on the infrastructure and the jobs they can purchase.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

Other Advice

It is an awesome product in the automation area, very robust and user friendly.