Control-M Review

We execute more than 30k jobs through a single window.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides a single point of control for the entire organization’s batch processing, helping to shorten the batch processing window and achieve a “manage by exception” operation environment. At my current organization, our batch processing requirement is too technically diversified and has to be supported 24/7. With Control-M, we are able to handle the customer demand and execute 30k-plus jobs through a single window.

Use of Solution

I have been using the solution for 10 years, including earlier versions.

I have encountered very few stability issues; it’s highly stable.

Scalability is good.

I find technical support to be knowledgeable and willing to provide assistance for any and all queries.

I did not previously use a different solution at my current organization. However, I have experience working CA Autosys.

The installation is panel-driven and can be used by a relatively inexperienced technician to install it successfully.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It’s well suited for anywhere and anyone, but it comes with a cost; it is quite pricey.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

Other Advice

Control-M is very stable. It is rare to have any issues with the application. Nonetheless, the bigger the workload, the more a tool like Control-M is needed or else it’s too pricey.

1 Comment
Orlee GillisConsultant

Can you identify features in the software that make its high cost worth the expense?

28 September 16