Control-M Review
Offers high availability through software, supported by an Oracle RAC with ASM.

What is most valuable?

High availability through software, supported by an Oracle RAC with ASM, is a valuable feature. In operation, it is fantastic.

How has it helped my organization?

My clients are happy; the comment that gets repeated is, "Control-M is a very stable tool".

What needs improvement?

The web console consumes resources to my "high" point of view. Thinking about a totally web management environment is an opportunity for improvement.

• Operator = 2 years
  • Scheduling = 3 years
  • Administrator = 3 years

Implementation was easy and quick.

We have not encountered any stability issues. BMC Control-M is very stable in any version.

BMC Control-M is an easy-to-run, scalable, robust platform or architecture tool.

Customer service is the best.

Technical support is the best.

Previously, I had version 8, and I migrated to version 9 because of its high availability functionality.

You cannot be an airplane pilot without education; with the right education and training, the solution does what it has to do and makes it fantastic.

Providers implemented it; they were excellent.

I cannot mention ROI.

A good product always has a cost. I think the cost supports the efficiency of the product.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Is a very good option for the WLA tasks within a company. There is a lot of information on the internet for it. Analyze the costs vs the benefits and if you have the option to invest in a solution that gives you automation of almost everything in IT, acquire it. You will not regret it.

Free Trial

Try Control-M for free with no commitment