Control-M has a huge number of features and utilities that assist users in monitoring their schedules and developers to build schedules which interface with many technologies. Here are some that stand out:
- Cross-platform support: A Linux job can be dependent on a Windows job, which can be dependent on many other flavours of hardware/software. Your batch is therefore managed by a single tool, allowing you to monitor your entire flow.
- Great GUI: Easy to navigate. Customisable. Status at a glance.
- Automated error handling: Depending on the exit status of a process, automated actions can be defined that might circumvent the need to callout.
- Forecast utility: Particularly useful after making changes to a batch flow, to see what impact those changes will have.
- Reporting utility: Generate reports for the business to track batch performance, usage, and so on.
- Mobile App: Business users can track the progress of their own batch flow, on the go.
- Control Modules: These allow you to define jobs that interface with databases, SFTP, SAP, and so on, directly, via secure connection profiles.
- Too many great features to list; excellent product..