Control-M Review

Control-M has a huge number of features and utilities that assist users in monitoring their schedules and developers to build schedules that interface with many technologies

What is most valuable?

Control-M has a huge number of features and utilities that assist users in monitoring their schedules and developers to build schedules which interface with many technologies. Here are some that stand out:

• Cross-platform support: A Linux job can be dependent on a Windows job, which can be dependent on many other flavours of hardware/software. Your batch is therefore managed by a single tool, allowing you to monitor your entire flow.
  • Great GUI: Easy to navigate. Customisable. Status at a glance.
  • Automated error handling: Depending on the exit status of a process, automated actions can be defined that might circumvent the need to callout.
  • Forecast utility: Particularly useful after making changes to a batch flow, to see what impact those changes will have.
  • Reporting utility: Generate reports for the business to track batch performance, usage, and so on.
  • Mobile App: Business users can track the progress of their own batch flow, on the go.
  • Control Modules: These allow you to define jobs that interface with databases, SFTP, SAP, and so on, directly, via secure connection profiles.
  • Too many great features to list; excellent product..

How has it helped my organization?

Increased batch performance.

What needs improvement?

Reporting in Control-M could use improvement.

Used Control-M for 10 years and version 9 for six months.

Not that I'm aware of.

Not that I'm aware of.

None.

BMC service was excellent.

Excellent.

What other advice do I have?

Excellent product.