Control-M Review

It works on agent-level architecture, hence the usability is enhanced

What is our primary use case?

I have used Control-M for batch recovery and job processing providing automation solutions for in-house IT teams and dependent businesses.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility to schedule the jobs on various OS level platforms. It works on agent-level architecture, hence the usability is enhanced.

How has it helped my organization?

Control-M has been there on back of all automated work lists by providing consistency, timely execution, and removing chances of human errors.

What needs improvement?

Currently, I am not using this tool due to change of my role duties. Hence, it is difficult for me to comment over this. Though the tool is very resource intensive and has a few levels of performance issues when compared with VM and physical servers.

Technical support was not required much as we had total in-house solution consultants. Though, in times of need, BMC had their regular support SLAs to support us.

Yes, considering our then and there needs setup was bit complex and time consuming. As it was quite obvious due to the huge organizational size.

It was an all in-house IT setup.