Dropbox Review

Integration with Microsoft Office synchronizes your documents so they are always current

What is our primary use case?

I use Dropbox for document and file sharing.

I am more active now because I am using my personal storage to share project files.

What is most valuable?

I like the synchronization, and the integration with Microsoft Office is good. The synchronization is between your local storage and Dropbox. You can download a work file from the storage, work on it from your personal computer, and then you can save it.

It's easy to work in Microsoft Office on your computer and to have the ability to load a document that updates to the storage. It's a good thing. For example, on the contrary, with Google Docs, you have to work inside of Google Docs to stay synchronized.

What needs improvement?

The file storage space between a business account and a personal account is not compatible. For example, if a person has a business account and has storage of one terabyte where he stores files into, and I have a personal account with only ten gigabytes available for me to view, then all of the files are stored in my team member's business account. Once I have reached the ten gigabytes of storage, I am not able to synchronize any data even though my teammate, who has one terabyte of storage, is where the files are stored.

The problem with the storage is that you are only able to synchronize the information within the amount of storage that you have. It doesn't matter if you are accessing from a team member who has more storage, the limitations are with your storage.

This is a problem that I am facing. If I withhold my storage and someone shares a file with me, I will not be able to synchronize locally because I personally do not have enough storage.

I have been using Dropbox for five or six years.

I am using it more thoroughly now because I am using it for a particular project.

This solution is stable. I have not come across any issues.

This solution is scalable. It's always scalable because you can always pay to get more storage.

I have not contacted technical support.

The initial setup was easy. I have a technical background, so for me, it was easy.

I implemented it myself. It was no problem.

What other advice do I have?

The main difference between dropbox and other solutions that I have used is the synchronization in using local software to the account. You can work in the file in your local office and it will synchronize to the cloud.

You are also always working with the latest version of the document.

Private Cloud