Dropbox Reviews

rating
Consultant678
Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Sep 20 2019

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ability to access files and documents from any device, anywhere.

What needs improvement?

The Security and privacy of this solution need improvement. I am always worried about security and privacy. I don't know who can see my information in Dropbox. There is indeed no way to collaborate in realtime, but for that function I use… more»

I am using the free solution, which provides me with 2GBs of storage, and for me, it's sufficient.

Previously I used Google storage. Also, I had used a USB key for devices. Initially, Dropbox was the only solution for desktops. Now, Google has software with the same functionality, they do the same thing. Dropbox is unique because it was… more»

What other advice do I have?

Everyone now is on the cloud using some cloud-based solution. Dropbox is not unique anymore, as there are several storage solutions available. Dropbox is easy to use, easy to share, and easy to store documents and files. This solution works… more»
Bookkeeper
Oct 13 2019

What is most valuable?

The fact that it is accessible anywhere is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The mobile aspect of the solution needs improvement. For instance, if I want to use a file from Dropbox on my phone, I sometimes struggle to download images off of Dropbox. The solution lacks accessibility on different devices.

I use the free version of the solution. If you need more storage, you do need to pay a certain amount of money for it.

I used Box for work, which I found to be better, but it was a business account. For me, Box was easier to use. Using it on my mobile was much simpler.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. The solution is very similar to Box. If I have the file on my computer, it will sync automatically. I would very rarely, for instance, access it online if I'm on my laptop. It's only the mobility… more»
Find out what your peers are saying about Dropbox vs. G Suite Enterprise and other solutions. Updated: September 2019.
372,185 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Steven Chin
Founder / Singapore Web Hosting / Domain Name Registration / Enterprise Exchange at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Nov 06 2017

What do you think of Dropbox?

What is most valuable?

File syncing is the most valuable feature. I use it every day to sync files across to the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

Dropbox Busines allows me to sync important work related files across multiple devices, which is important for collaboration.

What needs improvement?

The connectivity and start-up need improvement. Sometimes, it takes a while to start Dropbox services and files are not synced.

I have used Dropbox for four to five years.

Yes, sometime it may have issue while connecting from China

So far, we have encountered an outage once about three years ago.

What do I think about the

Anthony Okolie
User
Business Analyst
May 22 2018

What is most valuable?

Work documents are dynamic. As staff work on them, they change. It is important that when a staff member is working with any document, he/she uses the most current version. Dropbox enables this to happen through syncing, which enables updating a document as it is being worked on.

How has it helped my organization?

It ensures all our staff are using the current version of our documents. When a document is updated, the author updates it on his laptop and Dropbox updates the central document in the cloud.

What needs improvement?

Improve the ease of use. Sometimes, occasional users struggle to login again and access documents. This can be very frustrating.
Stacey Robinson
Photographer at a photography company with 11-50 employees
Apr 04 2019

What do you think of Dropbox?

What is our primary use case?

I used Dropbox to store my files but they have deleted my account, and everything is no longer accessible.

How has it helped my organization?

They have deleted my files, and I have moved to another service provider. Their support department did not reply in a timely manner.

What is most valuable?

I can edit my files online, but the option is not that well-developed. However, I like the comments option.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an option to secure my files and set password protection to my folders. I want to lock my folders with a password.  I would like to be able to unarchive my files online.

I cannot reach…

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Dropbox

372,185 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Dropbox Questions

What is Dropbox?

Dropbox provides cloud-based file syncing, sharing, and storage. It specializes in helping large-scale businesses stay organized and productive while protecting the integrity of sensitive information with enterprise-level security. Dropbox is a valuable solution for businesses looking to simplify communication, safeguard information, and improve collaboration. Dropbox's platform provides a user-friendly, real-time sharing and storage solution for large businesses. The company's enterprise-level service plan includes 256-bit AES and SSL encryption, an optional two-step verification process, and optional mobile passcodes, which provide tight security to protect sensitive information. Dropbox uniquely offers a remote wipe feature, which allows businesses to keep data safe when an employee leaves the company or a computer is lost. Dropbox stands out from the competition by offering businesses expanded storage, unlimited file recovery and versioning, and control over sharing permissions. Additionally, Dropbox provides businesses with team management solutions, including device and location tracking, login tracking, detailed user management options for administrators, and centralized billing. Collaboration between team members is further simplified with the addition of various Dropbox apps that allow advanced functionality such as document editing, CRM, and e-signatures. Dropbox has become one of the most popular business tools, entrusted by 97 percent of all Fortune 500 companies. Before implementing Dropbox, global apparel merchandiser BCBGMAXAZRIA was struggling to structure communication and increase company-wide efficiency, which resulted in the need for increased staff hours and expenses. Since choosing Dropbox as its cloud-based sharing and storage solution, BCBGMAXAZRIA has been able to restructure its file sharing and collaboration streams in every department. As a result, BCBGMAXAZRIA is able to boost efficiency, reduce expenses, and protect its information throughout all 550 locations. Review more of the top Cloud Storage Solutions with our SmartAdvisor.

Dropbox customers

Vita Coco, BCBGMAXAZRIA Group, Centric Project, Kayak, FourSquare, Asana, Huge Adversting , USA Gymnastics, Appen, Valliant, Radio Lab

Read Archived Reviews
Dropbox team at your service
タクヤ ワタナベ – Solution Architect at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees