Dynatrace Review

What is our primary use case?

While working for an MSP, these customers' use cases vary - in most cases, we must do the fault domain to identify who is responsible in order to fix the root cause.

How has it helped my organization?

One use case: A customer blamed our data center, stating it caused broken sessions for their Citrix users. After looking at the network traffic data with NAM (ex. DCRUM), it was easy to identify issues within ISPs at Asia, and not in our data center here in Europe.

What is most valuable?

All of them which measures performance and availability. If you don't measure, you don't know. Looking at the data patterns and trends, you can also find out abnormalities in the whole ecosystem, not just in the target application.

What needs improvement?

Reporting and dashboards could be better, compared with competitors. However, Dynatrace has excellent API for data mining but requires extra reporting tool.

More than five years.