ForgeRock Review

An access management platform that is stable and DevOps-ready, but the deployment process could be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use this product as an access management platform.

What is most valuable?

ForgeRock has CIAM with leading and innovative solutions.  ForgeRock is DevOps and cloud ready.

What needs improvement?

Automatic Deployment needs improvement. It could be made easier.

In the next release, I would like it to be easier to use, easier to deploy, and more implementation-friendly.

I have been using this solution for over five years.

We are currently using the latest version.

This solution is relatively stable.

It's a scalable product. We have implemented it for over 5,000 users.

The technical support is fine and we have not had any issues.

I have worked with many other solutions such as CA, IBM, Oracle, and Ping Identity.

It's a bit pricey and could be more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

If you are thinking of using this solution then you should find a service provider who is trained. Troubleshooting skills like performance tuning are important.

It's a bit costly, so you should make it pluggable so that you can switch vendors when you want.

Generally, you need to be careful not to lock-in 100%.  Select a loosely coupled approach, that way you can replace individual modules if you want to.

Go with open standards and avoid using any proprietary protocols.

More ForgeRock reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Siteminder
Find out what your peers are saying about ForgeRock, Microsoft, Okta and others in Access Management. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.