ForgeRock Review

Integrates well, keeps up with market trends, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

My clients use the solution primarily for customer identity management, access management, customer onboarding, data management, and authentication.

What is most valuable?

The solution integrates well and it is important for them to keep up with the current trends in the market quickly enough, and they have been doing a good job at it.

What needs improvement?

The solution requires more simplified customization. However, part of the problem is my clients determining their own preferences. Technology can help and do many things, but you have to define your own policies to ensure that the solution or service works within those parameters. Helping customers understand their business and different processes is another issue not relating to the functionality of this solution.

The reports could be more customizable in an upcoming release, and the overall customization could be simplified by making drag-and-drop functionality.

I have been using this solution within 12 months.

I have found the solution stable.

There is a lot of options for scalability in this solution.

ForgeRock was born out of the open souced technology and users can use the community support without a license. Users with a commercial license can talk directly with the support agents that can immediately assist them with their problems.

The installation is very simple.

The license is purchased annually per user. However, you can negotiate if you are signing for a longer period of time. When comparing this solution to others on the market it is priced fair, it is not at the top of the price range or at the bottom end.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement ForgeRock is if they are looking for a strong customizable identity management solution that strikes the balance between convenience and security then this is probably a good choice for you.

I rate ForgeRock an eight out of ten.

More ForgeRock reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Siteminder
Find out what your peers are saying about ForgeRock, Microsoft, Okta and others in Access Management. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.