IFS Applications Review

Flexible and user-friendly with the capability to generate many reports

What is our primary use case?

I am using the distribution model, mainly for materials management.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using the IFS site, it was quite difficult for us to track, access, and extract the inventory available to us. Once we started using IFS, it's introduced us to a way to track and monitor the inventory. From a user perspective, it is extremely useful for us.

What is most valuable?

The MS management information system reports are the solution's most valuable feature. The reports are very useful. It's also quite easy to generate them.

The solution is very user friendly.

The product is quite flexible.

What needs improvement?

I won't be able to give the correct feedback. I haven't seen everything in action, however, based on my experience, what I've found is that lot of days we are using mobile phones or tablets. Yet, this solution doesn't work on those types of devices. They need to create something that can be used on Andriod devices to make it easier to use in terms of how we work. It should incorporate the devices we're constantly utilizing.

The user interface can be improved. When you're clicking through the screens, there are some icons or symbols that really need updating and would be more useful and noticeable if they are aesthetically pleasing.

I've been using the solution for the past three years.

The solution doesn't seem to have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash. I'd say that it's quite stable. For us, it has been a reliable product.

I believe the solution to be quite scalable.

Right now, we have about 500 people or more using it.

I haven't dealt with the solution's technical support team directly. At our company, we have an in-house IT department that we typically go to if we have issues with any solutions. They may occasionally reach out to IFS, however, I don't, so I can't speak to the quality of their services.

The initial setup is more or less straightforward, really. At first, we faced a bit of difficulty, however, it was more about us needing to get used to the product. Now that we use it regularly and we're more familiar with it, it's easier.

We did have the assistance of a consultant, although we mostly handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

My corporate office has a relationship with IFS. There is a joint venture with one of our implementation partners.

We might be using an older version of the solution. I don't believe it's the latest version.

I'd like other organizations to know that the solution is very friendly and easy to upgrade. You can update it right through the screen if you need to. If an organization needs a solution capable of generating lots of reports, this solution fits the bill.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.