K2 Review

Good performance, easy to use, and offers great integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for government and public e-services. We always deal with K2 in these areas. We use the solution to mostly deal with workflows.

What is most valuable?

The design and the vision the solution allows for is great.

It's gotten better with time. version 4.6, for example, wasn't the best but 5.4 and 5.6 continue to be a bit fancier and offer up a bit more. The improvements are great.

The enhancements, overall, are great. It's so easy to use compared to the competition. Its enhanced usability makes it the best of the lot.

We are able to use K2 to manage as our environment and have everything deployed to the servers.

The performance of the product is excellent.

The solution offers very good integration capabilities. We've never had issues integrating it without solutions.

What needs improvement?

Even though the performance is better than the competition, it needs to be enhanced and improved upon. They could always refine this a bit more.

The licensing needs to be improved. Right now, we find it's getting more expensive to use the product.

The K2 platform could be enhanced.

We have approximately six years of experience working with this solution. It's probably been a bit more than that, actually.

You can definitely scale the solution. K2 has a feature that allows it to go with other solutions quite well. It's the best option for companies that need a solution that can scale due to the fact that it can integrate with many systems.

We've dealt with customer service in the past and they were satisfactory. They are very good and very easy to work with. We haven't had any trouble in that regard.

Largely, the initial setup is straightforward. It's not too complex.

The deployment of the product takes two or three days. In terms of the workflow, it can be implemented in about one week. Overall, you can go live within two or three weeks.

The licensing is quite extensive. I cannot speak to whether it is cheaper or more expensive, however, the licensing model needs to be reimagined and revised. Overall, I've found that they've become more expensive over time.

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership with K2.

All in all, I'd recommend the product to other organizations.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If the pricing was better, I'd probably rate it higher, however, their licensing model has changed and things are more expensive than they used to be.

More K2 reviews from users