K2 Review

Stable and easy to use with good integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution as a development platform.

What is most valuable?

The solution in general is very easy to use. It's very user-friendly, and it has satisfied the requirements I have.

It's a really good platform.

The integration capabilities have been very useful. It's very powerful and very advanced.

The stability of the product is quite good.

What needs improvement?

The Workflow Designer needs improvement. For example, when you design a workflow on K2, it shows the entire area between one action and another action. However, you should be able to see the structure for this action. It's not automatically structured.

It sould be automatically structured from the shared action to the following action. In K2, you should be able to organize it by yourself. Workflows should be very easy to organize exactly as you need them. It shouldn't be inflexible. The mapping processes need to be better.

You can't really change the look and feel. You should be able to customize the solution a bit more.

The document generation, the dynamic document generation, could be a great addition as a feature.

I've only been using the solution for six months. It hasn't been that long just yet, however, I am enjoying the product.

The stability is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The product doesn't seem to have many limitations. It can likely scale well.

There's no need for technical support as we order services done for us. As far as it's from K2 goes, there's a web solution on the platform and there are partners for the company. Up until this point, however, I haven't found the need to reach out. I haven't had problems that required assistance.

I worked with Nintex for a few years. Recently, after I ran a comparison between K2 and Nintex, I've been working for six months on the K2 platform. I've found it very useful, and very easy in comparison. However, I still use both. Nintex acquired K2 recently.

Compared to Nintex, Nintex is easier to set up. Unlike in K2, in Nintex, you can just build on top of SharePoint. If you want SharePoint, the environment is set up and can install directly in Nintex. In K2, you are configuring two environments.

I am unsure of the exact pricing. Nintex acquired K2 in 2020 and there may be a shift in the cost structure. I can't speak directly to that, however.

What other advice do I have?

We are a K2 customer and a Nintex partner, although, since the 2020 acquisition, they are the same company now.

I would recommend the solution, especially for companies that are working to go paperless.

I suggest that if they want to integrate between systems from a strategy department into another department, to really look at the integration layers that they have, as it's very advanced.

In general, I would rate this solution at a nine out of ten. We've been largely happy with the product.

More K2 reviews from users
...who compared it with Nintex Workflow
Learn what your peers think about K2. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.