K2 Review

Very simple to maintain and develop with customization an easy process

What is our primary use case?

Our use case of the solution is to help the sales people in the field, enable them to have all the information from the backend and to more easily put together a proposal for management regarding new tenants of shopping centers. There is a process that flows to the works department, the legal department, the asset manager, and the project manager. They are able to make suggestions, comment, discuss numbers, and make some declarations. It provides good feedback to the management who then need to make a decision. We provide this service for both internal and external clients. We're a customer of K2blackpearl and I'm the company chief information officer.

What is most valuable?

The value of this solution is that it's easy to maintain, and to further develop. It's quite low code, so there is not the need of really specialized people and customization is quite simple.

What needs improvement?

I think there can be improvements in the product but that may be linked to the decisions that we have taken to put it on-premise, because now we're making big changes and the scope of the project has changed so that we now want external partners to have access to the system. Because we're on-premise, it's more complicated to provide access to their own network. Next time I would go for the cloud.

I've been using this solution for about three years now.

Stability is good, no issue there.

Scalability is good. We implemented it in Belgium and then in France and we're now expanding the scope further.

We haven't needed to contact technical support as we work directly with the integrator.

I believe the initial deployment took about three months. We used an integrator to help with that and it was successful. They provided some training for us so we'd be able to figure out how to do things ourselves. It was great.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest to anyone wanting to deploy this solution to find a good integrator that understands the business first, not only from the technical side. Don't hesitate to take the journey. I would also suggest starting with a small solution and then expand it. Like everything, do a minimum viable product and then extend it a bit more slowly and grow into it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More K2 reviews from users