Microsoft 365 Business Review

Robust platform for office procedure including document sharing, with excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our office administration purposes, emailing, and document sharing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is quite robust and is a collaborative model. For example, if I have opened a file in Word or Excel, every member of the organization who is logged in with their accounts at that same time can collaborate on the same document. We don't have to create multiple copies.

I like auto-server mode and the fact that you can unify them under one platform.

The fact that they are able to save directly to cloud storage and collaborate is something that is helpful.

What needs improvement?

The pricing can be reduced.

I don't like the number of email notifications that are sent, it's too often. I receive emails every day. It would be better to have weekly updates with one summary or have the summary every fortnight.

I would like to be able to connect Power BI to data sources easily. The Enterprise level comes with gateway connectivity, and that comes with many permissions. I understand that they are concerned about security, but they don't make it easy to automatically link your Power BI workflow to your apps such as Excel, PowerPoint, data sources, Access, and to your Microsoft flow at an enterprise-level deployment. It would be good to have a back-to-back connection between applications.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We are using the 365 Enterprise, which is the lastest one.

This solution is quite stable.

This is a scalable solution.

We are a small organization aiming to grow. We have three core users and adding another one at the end of this month.

The technical support is very good. When I first signed up, I received a call and they spent close to an hour going over everything, step by step. They were quite helpful and very patient with me during that process. He went beyond his real competency by assisting me. This experience helped me appreciate Microsoft packages and services.

I have always used Microsoft. I have set up the normal Microsoft Office versions that you can install, such as 2013, and 2016.

Primarily I use two systems, Windows and Linux, but for office administration purposes, Office is the leading solution provider. Linux is mostly for deep development and server setups.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I had some challenges because I have approximately seven different applications on my computer that are directly related and connected to the cloud. It took me 30 minutes to deploy.

There are many apps on the cloud for 365, but on your device, you are limited to anywhere from nine to eleven.

The price just keeps going up and it never comes down, but the service that you receive with the support is worth it.

It works out to be $12.50 per user per month. For us, it will cost approximately $50.00 for four users per month. This doesn't include the cost for other licensing on other app subscriptions.

What other advice do I have?

We have a setup file that we are running on our systems but most of the functionalities and features are from the cloud.

I would recommend this solution. The challenges with technologies are very dynamic. It changes daily based on the requirements and the scope.

If we look at the world right now, we are moving towards digital platforms at our premises due to the non-contact, issues of working from home, being able to pay people, and needing to have meetings.

Proof of concept is okay when you are trying to purchase or have a trial to purchase. You start the first month on a free platform. It is nice because the first month is free.

More Microsoft 365 Business reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Office 365
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.