Microsoft 365 Business Review

Works great on any kind of platform

What is our primary use case?

Interestingly, for one of my customers it is a hybrid model. With several others, it's on-premise and some of them are moving towards cloud only.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is the ability to work everywhere on every kind of device, because I'm a Mac addict and actually it's quite good on the Mac.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, sometimes it is quite hard to get a grasp on what features are going to be available at what time. For instance, we had to wait for a very long time on the breakout rules in Teams. There is a roadmap and there are also some blog posts, but you never know when you're going to get it. So it would be preferable to get it more in advance.

Because it is such a large suite of applications, it would be beneficial to have less overlap. So for instance, you have the Power Platform and you have all kinds of applications that you can use. But there's also the Teams Platform, which has an overlap with Kaizala, and Kaizala is not developed anymore. So that would be something to think about.

The other feature that could be improved is the management of the Waffle, the start menu of Office 365. It is quite limited in how you can manage that menu. Some of my customers want to use it as a portal from a SharePoint perspective and they want to have some application files in there. They don't want the whole feature set. Waffle management could be better.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for about five or six years. I only started my company last February, so from my company perspective, it's only been a year. But I do have experience with Office 365 for many years now.

In terms of stability, I haven't found any limitations, accept at the beginning of the COVID-19 period. Initiation of OneDrive and SharePoint was kind of tardy because of the massive use of Teams at that moment. So Microsoft kind of scaled down and that was noticeable, but that's basically it and it was fixed.

I was in contact with technical support because my hosting provider could not find the problem. Microsoft contacted me directly within a matter of one hour or so, the issue was detected and it was solved within the next hour. So that was okay.

I am absolutely satisfied with Microsoft technical support.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

It is a fair price but sometimes the licensing can be quite complex. In that case you have to fly in a license expert, but I think for small businesses it's very cost efficient. It would be beneficial if was be a non-profit license model for healthcare organizations. In this case, they tend to just use a limited amount of functionality in the Microsoft 365 because of the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering Business 365 is to go use it. It is a brilliant service delivery solution for small businesses as well as for larger businesses that don't want to be responsible anymore for their on-premise environment because if that should fail there is a loss of information and a loss of productivity, which they cannot afford.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Microsoft 365 Business an eight.

Hybrid Cloud
More Microsoft 365 Business reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Office 365
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.