New Relic APM Review

Good monitoring capability helps to fine-tune performance and identify problems

What is our primary use case?

We were using New Relic to build performance, application monitoring, security aspects, infrastructure, exporting from databases, lower-performance tips, and trying to identify deadlocks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is application monitoring.

What needs improvement?

The main reason we switched away from New Relic is that the cost is too high. They should bring the pricing down to be more competitive.

I would like to see the capacity planning improved.

The security standard and compliance are areas that should be improved.

We had been using New Relic APM for a few years and have now switched to DataDog.

There is no question about this product's stability. It is very good and I would continue to use it, but the price has caused the organization to move on to the DataDog solution.

New Relic is a scalable solution. I have between 10 and 15 large customers who use it.

I have never been in contact with technical support. I am comfortable with using the product.

We have switched away from New Relic and have begun to use DataDog.

This is a cloud-based solution that doesn't need to be installed.

This is an expensive tool.

What other advice do I have?

This is one of the best tools that I have used. I have recommended it to customers in the past and would continue to do so. In summary, this is a very good product and the only real problem is that the cost is on the higher side.

More New Relic APM reviews from users
...who compared it with Datadog
Learn what your peers think about New Relic APM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.